Question about a 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Value? It really depends on condition. Usually $1,200-$1,500

Quality: Superb. Best internals of pretty much any factory 1911 on the market.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, wrong one. I was thinking of the most recent Pointman (PM-7 I think). The PM-2 Minor is an older, entry level 1911. Still a very good value, but the original MSRP was $579. I'd be really surprised if you could get one for that price now. Still a good gun, but the newer ones are that much better.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Dan Wesson Pointman 1911's were for many years under appreciated and certainly under valued. I have a Pointman Major in 45 ACP, a PM-9 with an extra 40 S&W upper and a newer stainless PM-9. All great shooters with superb factory triggers as well as fit and finish. The more recent offerings have been at a price commensurate with their quality.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful of the older Dan Wessons if you want different sights...... some of them had some goofy proprietary sights.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GMThunder is right. Many of the early DW pistols were largely custom built and built out of parts DW bought rather than they made. Yeasrs ago the gun smith at Nowlin examined an early PM7 of mine and noted that most of the pistol other than the slide and frame was made by Nowlin. I also agree that your DW would be worth more than the $500 price. I know I would pay more than that for it.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a new one and save up for an Ed Brown. If I'm paying that much for Ed Brown parts, I want them to assemble it. The old guns were pretty good, but they were notorious for proprietary stuff. They seem to have their act together under the CZ umbrella.

Latest posts

Top Bottom