Question about AR's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of the box DPMS has a good rifle for the price. The S&W has a good trigger from what I have seen. lOKI is local.there are some really cheap options but that only saves a hundred or two. But don't go crazy with $ until you shoot some. This advice is worth exactly $.02.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really depends on what you want. Some manufacturers have better deals than others based on whether you want a 20" A2 style rifle or a stripped 'bare bones' rifle for you to mod. In my opinion Smith makes a great AR that is readily available in the Tulsa area.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The factory S&W I had had a smooth, glass like trigger feel, FWIW. Nothing wrong with a nice RRA, or Bushmaster. One of my ARs is part Bushmaster. You can throw one together cheap. Lots of guys on here are glad to help.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would stick with Palmetto State Armory(Commonly referred to as PSA), Spike's Tactical, or Rock River Arms(RRA), or Stag Arms.

These are all good brands that will last a very long time as long as you take care of them and will not break the bank. Sure you can get a Delton, DPMS, Bushmaster, or S&W M&P Sport for cheaper, but it's not the route I'd go. I am of the "buy once cry once" mentality. Many have DPMS, Bush, etc rifles that have served them well but when you can spend a little more and be into what I consider the next "Tier" of rifles it makes no sense to go entry level. Not to mention if you decide the AR craze is not for you the higher end rifles will retain their values better than the lower end makes.

O

OK Hog Shooter

Stag and Rock River are both great entry level ARs. As a matter of fact, I think you could get either and never have to worry about "upgrading". ...and Stag makes a left hand AR, so you're not limited by how you prefer to shoot. Being a lefty, though, I'd still recommend you get a standard right hand AR.

FenixTxM3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where is a good place to buy Rock River Arms parts if I want to assemble a compete RRA rifle? How much could I save going this route? Or would I be better to just buy a fully assembled rifle? Speaking in terms of cost.

J

Jckellison

Their official website, do a web search, and I've always found awesome deals at Joe Bob Outfitters. Retired vet based gun shop in Hays, Kansas. Nice guy

Latest posts

Top Bottom