Question about AR's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villarrs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bushmaster makes a polymer frame AR in my price range. Anyone have any opinions on them? I checked one out at academy and it felt pretty good, very light compared to any other AR I've handled.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bushmaster makes a polymer frame AR in my price range. Anyone have any opinions on them? I checked one out at academy and it felt pretty good, very light compared to any other AR I've handled.

Haven't heard anythign bad about them necessarily but I'd go with a standard one for ease of use and modularity down the road.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stag and Rock River are both great entry level ARs. As a matter of fact, I think you could get either and never have to worry about "upgrading". ...and Stag makes a left hand AR, so you're not limited by how you prefer to shoot. Being a lefty, though, I'd still recommend you get a standard right hand AR.

Any reason why? I am thinking of getting my son a lefty, but not sure as of yet?

I have not had one, but have not heard any one that has had one say they would buy another one, and most of the reports I heard were complaints. However, that is what most comments are anyway. Ask Glocktogo, I think he had one at one time?

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My buddy Don has one. When I first held it, I thought about hitting him in the head and running off with it. Then I remembered that was wrong. I mean, he knows where I live, after all. Something he learned: different barrel nut size/thread. If you wanted a floater/quad rail thingy, you have to use the Bushmaster one. It ain't cheap, but then any decent floater/quad isn't exactly free. I think it's a great gun. So light! Oh, and if you get the really light one with a gas block, and no FSB (front sight base) you will be wanting to change it (the gas block) if you want iron sights. No place to put it! It's a cut down FSB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom