Question for Those with Legal Minds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just watched this video of Dave Rubin's that showed AOC being interviewed by Dana Bash. At the end of the video, Rubin also plays a video of AOC taking her oath of office. My question is: Is an oath of office valid if one raises their left hand instead of their right hand?

It would be nice if one could sue to have her removed because of that error.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just watched this video of Dave Rubin's that showed AOC being interviewed by Dana Bash. At the end of the video, Rubin also plays a video of AOC taking her oath of office. My question is: Is an oath of office valid if one raises their left hand instead of their right hand?

Here is an article that addresses that very question (among others). But I'm going to say first off, you nor any of us has standing to sue for her removal, and obviously her constituents want her in office and would probably elect her back to it even if we could have her removed... for whatever reason.

https://www.grgblaw.com/wisconsin-trial-lawyers/do-witnesses-raise-right-hand-while-giving-an-oath

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
AOC is so far left she likely doesn't know she has a right hand.

AOCtheMoron.jpg

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If i'm reading this article right, the image you reference isn't her oath of office (or at least the official one).

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-borough...-ceremonial-swearing-in-ceremony-in-the-bronx
Pelosi administered the official oath (or at least one time around)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If one of "WE THE PEOPLE' is a 'NATURAL BORN TAXPAYING CITIZEN of the USA" how do we not have standing in matters of the Constitution and US Law????????? These types of rulings are pure ******** in face of being an UNITED STATES CITIZEN

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If she was legally eligible to be elected, properly elected but improperly sworn in then wouldn't that be more of an internal matter for Congress and not (strictly speaking) grounds to sue for her removal from office? I could see arguing to void her vote for matters already completed, but i don't see why it wouldn't just be corrected with a new oath.

IIIRC, didn't Roberts fumble Obama's first oath and have to redo it in the tunnel after the inauguration ceremony?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If one of "WE THE PEOPLE' is a 'NATURAL BORN TAXPAYING CITIZEN of the USA" how do we not have standing in matters of the Constitution and US Law????????? These types of rulings are pure ******** in face of being an UNITED STATES CITIZEN
For the same reason you couldn't vote for or against her taking office.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m thinking it doesn’t change anything. What if a person lacked a right hand? They could still take office. All this does is reinforce her being an idiot.

How about this one. That woman is so liberal she’d rather take three left turns then one right when driving her EV.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m thinking it doesn’t change anything. What if a person lacked a right hand? They could still take office. All this does is reinforce her being an idiot.

How about this one. That woman is so liberal she’d rather take three left turns then one right when driving her EV.

That in bold letters is the conclusion that I came to. If one doesn't have a right hand, they would have to use their left. But as was stated, AOC is lacking in intelligence anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom