Question on Home Made SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never understood why things like SBR's and suppressors were NFA. Oh no, my rifle is 2 inches shorter, it's now below the magic line and is capable of nothing but evil. Heaven forbid if I want to save some of my hearing by using a suppressor.

Because they were seen as "gangsters' weapons" at the time; it's no different than the push to reinstate the AWB today.

Originally, all handguns were going to be covered by the NFA as well, but there wasn't enough legislative support for that. Count your blessings.

Kinetics

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
although i'm not sure about SBR's (i think saws an internets thread somewhere about guns less than 16 inches being too easy for mobsters to conceal?) I know suppressors were added to the NFA to combat poaching during the depression. They tried to pass a ban on all full autos first but failed due to 2nd amendment rulings (you know back when he had a constitution/ bill of rights). After that failed they just slapped a $200 tax on the to make them prohibitively expensive. Now days the tax thing although dumb is not what i would call prohibitively expensive and there is no need for limits on things like suppressors that could benefit the shooting community if made more available. If suppressors were more available you could maybe open a suppressor only range in a location that would otherwise get noise complaints etc etc. The SBR tax is just dumb considering you can build a rifle caliber semi auto PISTOL and not pay the tax.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also you have to have a $5 stamp SBR to be really cool:fullauto:

i42.photobucket.com_albums_e344_lauren1097_FA_DSC00345.jpg

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Auto knives became a problem due to Hollyweird movies. At one time they were sold across america in hardware stores as just another tool. As they should be.

Swapwap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get an AR- pistol. Only difference is no butt stock and no front arm grip. All that could be added in seconds if all hell broke lose. No stamp and no registers. Wait until the politicians figure out there are actually ar-15 pistols us criminals can shoot

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually that picture is an AOW.

If you put a buttstock on it, it's a SBS and then it's $200.00

Yes I know its an AOW because its mine:) My point was I didn't want to pay the $200 stamp and the only way to get a SBR, SBS without doing that is get a Factory AOW like I posted (which Remingtons aren't even made or sold any longer).

Latest posts

Top Bottom