An interesting question…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Just far enough back to be able to talk to my father who died in 1984 more about his time as a bombardier on a B17. I've discovered so much more about what those guys went through on the internet that I wish I knew more about his missions. (35)
Watch the series on Apple TV “masters of the air”.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just far enough back to be able to talk to my father who died in 1984 more about his time as a bombardier on a B17. I've discovered so much more about what those guys went through on the internet that I wish I knew more about his missions. (35)
My Dad was a waist Gunner on a B-17 during WWII, I heard lots of stories about those missions (53) they were all bachelors and decided to all stay active after the mandatory 35.
Where was your dad stationed at ?

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad was a waist Gunner on a B-17 during WWII, I heard lots of stories about those missions (53) they were all bachelors and decided to all stay active after the mandatory 35.
Where was your dad stationed at ?
390th bomb group Framlingham England. 35 missions between 4/27/44 and 8/2/44. 2 missions on D Day. He received the Air Medal and Distinguished Flying Cross and an Oak Leaf Cluster. His airplane was the Silver Meteor. He did tell me the story about this 1 mission that I found out more about later. Harry Seip was his pilot.
https://www.naval-art.com/naval_sig...=First_Lieutenant_Harry_Seip_Signed_Naval_Art

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd much prefer to kick my dad's rear end. Not that I think it would really help. Mom got a divorce because he kept beating her up. When I was 4. And I watched my stepmom fight him to a standstill more than once when I was a teenager. She married him when I was 6, and was more than capable of defending herself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom