Question - Tax Id

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had mine for 20+ years now, and only use it for the legal purchases. Most of the chain stores have the permissalbe items on the computer. Yellow paint by Krylon does not get the tax break. Yellow Krylon for John Deere gets the tax free, but that paint costs a buck or more, so it negates the tax advantage.

lakerat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a farm tax ID for 20 yrs, and it has saved me a lot of money on farm related items. I have never been questioned on usage. The reason they ask about a tractor or farm equipment, is so they can charge you personal prorerty tax.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The computer age has taken all the fun out of using the farm tax I.D.
Tell the merchant your phone number and your name pops up on his machine.
Is your purchase a legitimate farm expense? His computer knows.
You no longer have the opportunity to abuse the farm tax I.D.
Stupid computers!

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hadn't been here too long. Was living in Tulsa and couldn't take any more of the city life. Door opened up down here so I quit my job, booted the girlfriend, and moved down here so I can hunt and fish all the time. Somehow I make more money here doing less, and the quality of life is just uncomparable. It is beautiful down here, don't know why everyone doesn't want to live here... but I'm glad they don't.

Hugo lake is great for Crappie.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dont forget you can also use it to obtain a "farm" tag for your truck, which if you have a newer truck, will save you quite a bit at the tag office.

Don't abuse the farm tag use.
It's for farm use only, not driving to work or vacation.
I watched a roadblock in Osage county once by the highway patrol.
They were stopping cars and trucks with farm tags, and asking where they were going.
If they said to work, like at American Airlines (a lot of guys in that area do)
they pulled the tag off the truck right there.
Not worth saving a few bucks for the trouble caused to have to go get another tag.
The one I liked while I was sitting there B.Sing with the Hp was a lady pulled up in a mercedes with a farm tag on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom