Questions about AR free float rail forearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy All,
I am in hopes that someone can tell me about AR rail fore arms. I am putting a AR upper that I need a short free float forearm. I know nothing about the new rail forearms. I have been doing a lot of looking and can't believe how high priced they are! I also don't know what ones come with the barrel nut or if maybe the use a standard barrel nut.
I would appreacate any and all help!
Ace

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
typically if you buy a new one it will come with the barrel nut. Not knowing you setup, it's pretty simple. If you have the standard front sight base then you are limited in length. If you have a gas block that a rail will fit over then you can get em about as long as you want. You will have to remove the sight base anyways, so now would be the time to do the gas block if that's what you want to do. Your going to need to remove your flash hider to I would imagine. You will need a barrel nut wrench or something to use in place of it, proper wrench advised. Really though if your just wanting a railed setup you can buy a pretty good 2pc setup that will simply drop in and you wouldn't have to worry about removing anything except the old handguards.

More info on you setup right now would help with the explanation. Goodluck and yes they can be expensive, however if you're just looking for a tubular handguard you might check out the hogues as they are very decently priced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom