Rainy Day Opening Day Blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rain really wasn't much of an issue just a steady drizzle. saw four does with fawns and one 2.5yr old buck I have tons of pics of. Also saw these two. Stalked within 10yards but didn't want to ruin my chance at one of the great bucks I have Picts of so I let them pass.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_22_ff3aa3eb6ab7d8c196b6e0660808edaf.jpg
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_22_5d7b9fc497478b8d84578b765e1360c8.jpg
I have to work tomorrow morning agin so won't have a chance to get out till late evening tomorrow

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Okay boys I got me Butt kicked! I was in the stand from 5:30am to after dark and didn't see squat! This is a plot that just a couple weeks ago I was getting between 900-1100 pic a week. What in the crap is going on? It rained all day but surely that didnr affect them that much...

Now my mind is wondering what happened???????

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay boys I got me Butt kicked! I was in the stand from 5:30am to after dark and didn't see squat! This is a plot that just a couple weeks ago I was getting between 900-1100 pic a week. What in the crap is going on? It rained all day but surely that didnr affect them that much...

Now my mind is wondering what happened???????

the bucks are so aggressive right now that they have the does locked down or running scared if they are not ready to breed.

We didn't get any rain in the NW, my camera's are reporting the same thing. No does, and lots of little bucks running around with their nose down.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the bucks are so aggressive right now that they have the does locked down or running scared if they are not ready to breed.

We didn't get any rain in the NW, my camera's are reporting the same thing. No does, and lots of little bucks running around with their nose down.

9 doe this eve and not one buck with them.
5 doe a few miles away this morn with no bucks with them.
2 bucks this morn no doe with them.
1 buck tonight w no doe.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
9 doe this eve and not one buck with them.
5 doe a few miles away this morn with no bucks with them.
2 bucks this morn no doe with them.
1 buck tonight w no doe.

Amazing what a few miles will do. Talked to the landowner I hunt on, and his report was the same as mine a couple miles away.

Mother Nature makes the rules. :D

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bucks running does most all day. A friend hunted with me today in the rain and 30 minutes after it quit a mature doe and yearling ran in front of us at 45 yards and stopped. She spotted the blind and started walking towards it to scope it out. My friend was partway thru the trigger squeeze when a buck ran up, spooked her and she took off running. Needless to say he did not complete the shot. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom