Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to custom make mounting brackets to mount a digital read out to my lathe.View attachment 296392
I was watching Adam's Tested videos and while he was changing collets? on his mill I heard an air gun type device assuming it was being used to open the chuck for the collet. Is that normal or an expensive option?

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was watching Adam's Tested videos and while he was changing collets? on his mill I heard an air gun type device assuming it was being used to open the chuck for the collet. Is that normal or an expensive option?
I'm not sure how expensive an air chuck is for a mill. One of the Bridgeport size mills I used in the refinery I retired from had an air chuck on it. The mill I have is too small for an air chuck.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still liking the lathe?
Yes, I'm still liking the lathe. One thing about it I didn't like was if you didn't watch the quill while drilling it was easy to run it all the way out. So, yesterday I pulled the quill out and made a plug for tapered end with a center drilled into it. Then I set up the quill on my mill on centers and milled a captive keyway down it. Then I put the quill back into the tail stop and d&ted a hole that lined up with the new keyway. I put a bullnose set screw in the threaded hole that keeps the quill from coming out. I guess the only concern I have with the lathe is the handle that engages the Y travel is still a little notchy or should I say stiff to engage. I have about a year and a half warranty left on it so, if it doesn't free up any I contact PM about it.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is a Precision Mattews 11" x 30". I ordered a 11" x 27" that a DRO was an option on. For some reason months after I ordered it, they called and said that they couldn't get the one I ordered and said they would give me the same deal on the bigger lathe. I chose this lathe because it has a 1.5" spindle bore, a powered cross feed, a three-year warranty, and most of the tooling you would need. The DRO wasn't offered as an option so, I bought a generic one and cut it down to fit. I've got a Grizzly drill press and I've ordered most of my cutting tools from them.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
44 mag 3D printed revolver SA.
This is a toy only of course, not a smith etc. but the best workable print so far I could find. To be clear, I didn't design, only printed it on my 3d printer. Over 20 some parts. Real ammo would fit, but on pic and video of course it is my printed rounds.
Nothing is glued. Only slots, press fit and screws. other than screws, I used 1 pen spring, everything else is printed parts.
Single Action only, and the trigger is real light, grip is very comfortable, even has rifled barrel lol. :-)
Watch the 17 second video to see it in action. :-)

IMG_9519.jpg
IMG_9523.jpg
IMG_9525.jpg
IMG_9521.jpg

IMG_9513.jpg
IMG_9515.jpg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
44 mag 3D printed revolver SA.
This is a toy only of course, not a smith etc. but the best workable print so far I could find. To be clear, I didn't design, only printed it on my 3d printer. Over 20 some parts. Real ammo would fit, but on pic and video of course it is my printed rounds.
Nothing is glued. Only slots, press fit and screws. other than screws, I used 1 pen spring, everything else is printed parts.
Single Action only, and the trigger is real light, grip is very comfortable, even has rifled barrel lol. :-)
Watch the 17 second video to see it in action. :-)

View attachment 297915View attachment 297916View attachment 297919View attachment 297920
View attachment 297921

View attachment 297913View attachment 297914

Best fidget spinner ever.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK OK Got me thinking on that pistola @mgssamn
very low pressure just sticking a primer in a case and setting it off.
Unless firing pin is plastic.
I was thinking a pistol to shoot crayons or wax plugs with just primer for power.

But as it it is awesome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom