Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, i've got the Resin printer with the wash and curing station, I've got 3 FDM printers.....I really want a new one.....would love one of those Bambu printers...even one of the bed slingers
Love my Bambu and I came from a Prusa Mk3S+. I love not having to mess with live z anymore, I just send the print and it does it for me. I agree the new bed slinger looks nice, but I'm kind of waiting on them to release a bigger one. If they don't I'm going to have to buy an Elegoo Mk4 and find the room. I'm anticipating the daughter needing some larger prints for her work.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love my Bambu and I came from a Prusa Mk3S+. I love not having to mess with live z anymore, I just send the print and it does it for me. I agree the new bed slinger looks nice, but I'm kind of waiting on them to release a bigger one. If they don't I'm going to have to buy an Elegoo Mk4 and find the room. I'm anticipating the daughter needing some larger prints for her work.
The Elegoo MK4 is on my wish list as well...very nice printer. I'm really interested in the Bambu A1 as well...but would love that Carbon X1. Right now, I've got 3 Creality printers....Ender 3 Pro, CR-10 V2 and a CR-10 V3, and I have an Elegoo Mars 2 Pro

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Elegoo MK4 is on my wish list as well...very nice printer. I'm really interested in the Bambu A1 as well...but would love that Carbon X1. Right now, I've got 3 Creality printers....Ender 3 Pro, CR-10 V2 and a CR-10 V3, and I have an Elegoo Mars 2 Pro
Never owned a Creality printer, not even an Ender 3 (unless you count the Prusa as a clone). I started 10 years ago with a Monoprice printer, when they first started carrying them. I then went on to a Wanhao D9 (had a love hate relationship with that one) and then graduated to the Prusa. I went with the Bambu because I was ready to start doing multi material prints, but didn't like the Prusa MMU design. I also wanted to get away from the Prusa obsession with manual live z, glad to note the new MK4 did away with that.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never owned a Creality printer, not even an Ender 3 (unless you count the Prusa as a clone). I started 10 years ago with a Monoprice printer, when they first started carrying them. I then went on to a Wanhao D9 (had a love hate relationship with that one) and then graduated to the Prusa. I went with the Bambu because I was ready to start doing multi material prints, but didn't like the Prusa MMU design. I also wanted to get away from the Prusa obsession with manual live z, glad to note the new MK4 did away with that.
What do you mean by live Z? Is that just a Prusa thing? Like bed leveling? or Z offset?

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Live Z on a Prusa is the Z offset that you change while printing, to find where it needs to be. It's the over and over part that killed me as it took more than one calibration cycle to do.
Oh that would suck....I swapped to a .6mm nozzle and had to reset the z offset one time and it has been good to go since

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You didn't have to do it for each print or anything like that, but every build plate change it had to be adjusted or pulled from the saved list if it was one you had used before.
It (Prusa mk3s+) actually allows you to save each sheet. I rarely adjust. (after hundreds of prints) I use 3 different sheet/plate widths, but first set up took a few minutes on mk3s+ . I also have prusa mk4 now which is like so simple- but glad I started with cheaper machines as I learned alot about printing the hard way. :-)

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It (Prusa mk3s+) actually allows you to save each sheet. I rarely adjust. (after hundreds of prints) I use 3 different sheet/plate widths, but first set up took a few minutes on mk3s+ . I also have prusa mk4 now which is like so simple- but glad I started with cheaper machines as I learned alot about printing the hard way. :-)
Yeah that was the pull from the saved list option. I was so happy when I saw the Mk4 had done away with that, but not enough to sell my Bambu. 😁

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Busiest build plate I have tried to date, the designer set it up like this. It's most of the parts for a filament winder being done in Bambu PLA Tough. 20 hour print with another 35 minutes to go.

PXL_20231228_192140846.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom