Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't really "make" this, but I did print it from a file I got from Printables.com. They are hangers for clay pigeons that can hang on 1/2" conduit or anything 1/2" or smaller. Going to come in handy next time I go out to my friend's property to shoot.
20240105_165456.jpg

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't really "make" this, but I did print it from a file I got from Printables.com. They are hangers for clay pigeons that can hang on 1/2" conduit or anything 1/2" or smaller. Going to come in handy next time I go out to my friend's property to shoot.
View attachment 443203
You made it, you just didn't design it. This is exactly the kind of thing 3D printers are useful for, small volume home production of anything and everything. They have rapidly evolved beyond the initial use of rapid prototyping. Have fun with them.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 443203

Take extra just in case you hit the hanger and not the clay.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 443203
The coffee hasn’t kicked in yet so I’m having trouble visualizing how these will hold clay pigeons. Can you post a pic of how it works or describe it to this dumb country boy. Thanks

Edit: A lightbulb just turned on inside my head. The lip of the clay pigeons snap into the hangers. Pretty cool!

Last edited:

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enjoy looking at the cool stuff you guys have made. Here's a pair of guitars I built from scratch nearly 50 years ago. The mahogany and Sitka spruce bluegrass-style flat top was built in 1975 in my basement in New Jersey using the general dimensions and internal sound bar bracing of a Martin D-41. The Fender Jazz Bass was built in Honolulu in 1978 using native Hawaiian Koa wood. Fun projects, but very labor intensive. My sons still play both of these instruments.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2 (Large).JPG
    2 (Large).JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 3 (Large).JPG
    3 (Large).JPG
    528.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 0

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You made it, you just didn't design it. This is exactly the kind of thing 3D printers are useful for, small volume home production of anything and everything. They have rapidly evolved beyond the initial use of rapid prototyping. Have fun with them.
Yeah, unfortunately my nearly 30 years of 2d CAD experience isn't translating well to 3d CAD, so I'm having to rely on others to create for me still. 😁 😁

@OkieJoe72 sounds like you figured it out, but to help others, here ya go.

Screenshot_20240107_101129_Chrome.jpg

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take extra just in case you hit the hanger and not the clay.
Yeah, that's why I printed 7 at one time and will plan to print more soon. I know how bad I shoot. 😁

I'm actually planning on setting up a shooting range in my back yard for my pellet gun and I think this will be handy.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Working on a drawer setup for my printer, that has a waste drawer on one side (filament waste) and a storage drawer on the other. Slow going as it's a lot of prints and I can't even assemble it until the screws I need get here. Who knew self tapping 4x12 machine screws were so scarce? I have them coming in from 3 different sources, so we will see who gets here first (Chyna, Italy or Mississippi). I ordered the ones from Mississippi last, but I think they will manage to beat the other two

Bambu Printer Drawers Mini by emazzarol

Latest posts

Top Bottom