Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got around to making cup holders for my Fiat 500 Sport. These are pistons out of my Jaguar. I have a set of .030" overs on the way for my rebuild.
cup holders.JPG

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found this pattern on the internet and saved it until I got aroudn to building it and here si the pattern and finished product.
Son built that same storage. I haven't gotten around to it, yet. May have to. I just ordered 2 20V 9Ah batteries. Was thinking I needed 2 more 5Ah after the dining room project. Home Depot wanted $179 for their 2 pack. Seen the 9Ah, it was $229 for 1.
Got home, looked on FleaBay and got 2 of the 9Ah for $69. That circular saw drains batteries quick. 2Ah are sufficient for screw gun, unless it is a big project.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Son built that same storage. I haven't gotten around to it, yet. May have to. I just ordered 2 20V 9Ah batteries. Was thinking I needed 2 more 5Ah after the dining room project. Home Depot wanted $179 for their 2 pack. Seen the 9Ah, it was $229 for 1.
Got home, looked on FleaBay and got 2 of the 9Ah for $69. That circular saw drains batteries quick. 2Ah are sufficient for screw gun, unless it is a big project.
I bought a Delta battery powered nailer and it is great! It will put a brad thru oak crown molding easily. Now I don't need to drag around a compressor and hoses.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Delta battery powered nailer and it is great! It will put a brad thru oak crown molding easily. Now I don't need to drag around a compressor and hoses.

Daughter was doing a lot of crafts. She got tired of dragging hose, hooking up my pnuematic brad nailer, Bought a Ryobi nailer. It is handier than a Mexican octopus roofer.
Son bought a Ryobi framing gun. He says it is great. I haven't used it, once i do, will probably get one. Would prefer DeWalt, but Ryobi will do.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Daughter was doing a lot of crafts. She got tired of dragging hose, hooking up my pnuematic brad nailer, Bought a Ryobi nailer. It is handier than a Mexican octopus roofer.
Son bought a Ryobi framing gun. He says it is great. I haven't used it, once i do, will probably get one. Would prefer DeWalt, but Ryobi will do.
Funny world. I prefer Ryobi. 😉 I've generally found them more reliable, if not quite cutting edge technology.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny world. I prefer Ryobi. 😉 I've generally found them more reliable, if not quite cutting edge technology.
If I didn't have so much DeWalt, everything would most likely be Ryobi.

Not so much brand loyalty, but battery / charger compatibility.
Most of older battery run stuff left me unimpressed. Lack of power and constantly trying to find the correct charger. I had a Craftsman 14.4V, 25 years ago. Great tool, but drill only The 20V DeWalt was on sale for Christmas, my Craftsman had finally worn out and Wif gave me the DeWalt. Started acquiring the battery interchangeable tools.

Son done the same, but Ryobi. He has every one made of the 18+ (I believe, what they are) He was doing home repairs for repo company, most of the homes were abandoned and didn't have power.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Dewalt nailer won't mar the wood as the pneumatic ones will and that is a plus. I don't know about Ryobi battery powered nailers.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I may have picked up a new hobby today, after fishing last week and seeing the fish hit the lead weights instead of the jigs we were using, I decided to try my hand at making a jig or 2. Bass Pro didn't have all gray colors, so these are as close as I could get to the weight colors...and a couple others.

Jig.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom