Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
would be easy to make/design for a 3d printer. not a bad idea. :-)
I go old school on the charcoal. When grandkids want to shoot, they love to see reactive targets. I've been using a couple of T posts in front of the berm with wire between them, some string and a rubber band tied to the string around the charcoal to hold it. Requires a few rubber band changes though.
They aren't concerned with clover shaped groups on paper. Turning the briquettes into dust works for them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple bean pots and a waffle iron not in this pic. And I have about half this much still at home.

And yes, I actually do use most all of it.

View attachment 444703
Love that collection and cooking with cast iron.
Back about 5 or 6 years ago I was on an elk hunt in New Mexico with a member of this forum. We were taking an afternoon lunch break in a clearing on the side of a mountain with Greely Peak in the background which is the highest mountain in New Mexico. Post card background.
After lunch, he had some "bidness" to attend to and excused himself to go over the ridge.
When coming back he had looked under a shelf of rocks and spotted the metal end of a worn shovel and a cast iron skillet.
There had been a gold strike there back in the day with lots of relics still around, but this was one miners stash thinking he would be back another day, and apparently didn't.
I cautioned George to not use it as back in the day, they melted lead to make bullets in the same skillet they cooked food in later the same day unless it was tested.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my latest project.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
IMG_0023.jpeg
IMG_0024.jpeg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My latest, a couple of olive wood cookies my Daughter came up with, she took prints off of them several years ago and they have been in the attic ever since. Saw them when I was putting Christmas lights away and decided to make some wall hangers. Ran them through the drum sander, blasted the edges with Walnut media, sanded the surface smooth. Finished in Danish Oil.
IMG_9629.JPG
IMG_9613.jpg
IMG_9614c.jpg

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wif wanted new kitchen floor. End up extending into dining room (had carpet). Walls had a dark maroon wallpaper, with 2 layers underneath.

Almost finished with crown mold and baseboards. She is talking living room now. (should I strangle her or myself? I know the pantry and wash room is coming)

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday, completed assembling a Harbor Freight 2500lb winch mounted onto a $15 Harbor Freight trailer coupler for 3" channel/2" ball with control box mounted within the 3" channel area of the coupler underneath winch. Makes for an easy anchor onto any 2" ball....everyone has one on their vehicles....for those pesky little pulls. (Have the big boy 12,000lb APEX winch with synthetic rope on 2" square receiver mount that slips into the receiver hitch front or rear bumpers for bigger tugs.) Really easy to assemble....only had to drill/tap into the flat on coupler 5/16" Grade 8 four bolt pattern for mounting winch/fairlead plate/coupler and two 8-32 screws for control box. Very compact, convenient tool, coupler lock handle clears winch drum. Swiveling on hitch ball self aligns 180 degrees to direction of pull horizontally, with plenty of vertical alignment. Easily attach cable end hook on bumper safety chain hole with second pulley hook mid-cable to double winch pulling power. Ran Power leads to winch and battery exiting coupler through original 1/2" coupler mounting holes, protected by rubber grommets. Deep cycle battery in plastic marine battery box for lugability and use with 2500# or 12000# winches. To anchor winch to tree, pole, etc, remove the original 2" ball trailer hitch from receiver on vehicle. Loop chain around anchor point tree/pole/fence post/et el and connect to winch with chain loped into the square end of trailer hitch, reinserting 5/8" hitch pin back into hitch through chain loop or links. Attach winch onto the 2" ball as though mounted to vehicle. Maximum flexibility.

Next project will be receiver hitch mount for the Harbor Freight 1000lb pickup crane (41" tall version) for those peaky huff'n'grunt lifts. Will incorporate a HF 1500# trailer wheel to assist vehicle suspension with stabilizing the load. Pondering mods for the above winch to QD onto the crane for maximum flexibility, power lift....weld a 2" ball to post/pivot end of lifting arm????? In addition to mounting to 2" receiver hitch, also intend to provide for "strapping/QD" to trailer railings and pickup bed stake pockets for maximum flexibility without permanent mounting to keep out of weather, nix the weight/theft potential when crane not needed. Old engineers can't stop seeing potential, opportunities. It's in the DNA.

Last edited:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday, completed assembling a Harbor Freight 2500lb winch mounted onto a $15 Harbor Freight trailer coupler for 3" channel/2" ball with control box mounted within the 3" channel area of the coupler underneath winch. Makes for an easy anchor onto any 2" ball....everyone has one on their vehicles....for those pesky little pulls. (Have the big boy 12,000lb APEX winch with synthetic rope on 2" square receiver mount that slips into the receiver hitch front or rear bumpers for bigger tugs.) Really easy to assemble....only had to drill/tap into the flat on coupler 5/16" Grade 8 four bolt pattern for mounting winch/fairlead plate/coupler and two 8-32 screws for control box. Very compact, convenient tool, coupler lock handle clears winch drum. Swiveling on hitch ball self aligns 180 degrees to direction of pull horizontally, with plenty of vertical alignment. Easily attach cable end hook on bumper safety chain hole with second pulley hook mid-cable to double winch pulling power. Ran Power leads to winch and battery exiting coupler through original 1/2" coupler mounting holes, protected by rubber grommets. Deep cycle battery in plastic marine battery box for lugability and use with 2500# or 12000# winches. To anchor winch to tree, pole, etc, remove the original 2" ball trailer hitch from receiver on vehicle. Loop chain around anchor point tree/pole/fence post/et el and connect to winch with chain loped into the square end of trailer hitch, reinserting 5/8" hitch pin back into hitch through chain loop or links. Attach winch onto the 2" ball as though mounted to vehicle. Maximum flexibility.

Next project will be receiver hitch mount for the Harbor Freight 1000lb pickup crane (41" tall version) for those peaky huff'n'grunt lifts. Will incorporate a HF 1500# trailer wheel to assist vehicle suspension with stabilizing the load. Pondering mods for the above winch to QD onto the crane for maximum flexibility, power lift....weld a 2" ball to post/pivot end of lifting arm????? In addition to mounting to 2" receiver hitch, also intend to provide for "strapping/QD" to trailer railings and pickup bed stake pockets for maximum flexibility without permanent mounting to keep out of weather, nix the weight/theft potential when crane not needed. Old engineers can't stop seeing potential, opportunities. It's in the DNA.
This post is useless without photos. Lots of photos! :cry11:

I'm too brain damaged to do the more complex math an engineer needs, but I'm a decent technician & mechanic. And I love to see the stuff other folks build! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom