Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started this a couple days ago. It's my first one. Been working on it between other projects. The steel is O1 tool steel. Blade 3-1/4" long and overall 7-1/4" long. The handle is kirinite (we can call it plastic if ya like). The handle pins are the permanent ones, they are just what I'm using to rough the handle scales in. I really debated on posting it or not cuz it doesn't look like much yet but it is a work in progress and we gotta keep this thread hoppin!
View attachment 136487 View attachment 136488 View attachment 136489 View attachment 136490 View attachment 136491 View attachment 136492 View attachment 136493
Wow wonderful work!

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aight, here it is. Still lots of room for improvement but I'm pretty happy with it for the first knife I've made. It dang sure got sharp enough to shave. I'll see how long it stays that way. Tomorrow I might go ahead and mirror polish the blade from bevels up to spine. Oh and yeah @blake711 I gotta get a scabbard built for it!
View attachment 136968 View attachment 136969 View attachment 136970 View attachment 136971 View attachment 136972 View attachment 136973 View attachment 136974
Ok how much for that beauty!

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Indian cedar boxes for my in-laws eagle feathers.

Really wanted to use eastern red cedar since they are from a tribe originally in the east. But it is unobtainium in OKC according to the biggest wholesale distributor that sells to every lumber yard in the city (according to him). So western red it is. Has some good tiger around the knots. Was going to use pure tung oil, but as much as this wood it soaked it up, it'd take probably 8 weeks or more to cure. So I made my own danish oil out of the pure tung I had on hand. It'll work.

Now to figure out what I want to do for the lids and whether I want to engrave the names or have them lasered.
View attachment 141396 View attachment 141397
You sir must be Native American. Wonderfully Talented

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of planers, this is the one I got off of @dlbleak, it's cleaning up fairly nice. Had some serious rust on the lift screws and hardware, so I just decided to make a project out of it since I have time on my hands. Now if the vinegar would just hurry up I could clear some ground on it.
IMG_6034.jpg
IMG_6035.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of planers, this is the one I got off of @dlbleak, it's cleaning up fairly nice. Had some serious rust on the lift screws and hardware, so I just decided to make a project out of it since I have time on my hands. Now if the vinegar would just hurry up I could clear some ground on it.
View attachment 158171 View attachment 158172
You were about 1 minute or less ahead of me for claiming that. Looks like your doing it right and getting it back into service. :clap3:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You were about 1 minute or less ahead of me for claiming that. Looks like your doing it right and getting it back into service. :clap3:
Yea, I needed one of these and the price was right!

I think it was setting outside for a time before being put on the trash pile Darren snatched it off of. It needs some TLC for sure, mostly rust on the steel lift bolts and all the screws. The feed roller chains were absolutely packed with chips when I took the cover off, I hope the drive gear in the motor housing isn't stripped, but they are in fine shape otherwise. The lift screw chains were basically pristine too. The four support/guide rods had bad rusting in spots. They got cleaned up and oxpho blued. The head was jammed on them and it took some kroil and awhile to get it worked free and to where it would lift up at all much less all the way due to the rust and grunge in the threads. It's like they never cleaned it and just chucked it when it jammed and they broke the handle trying.

The base got a hard cleaning with full strength simple green and has a new coat of paint but I didn't sand out the pitting, I figure it needs to keep some of the character like an old gun. :D

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
beardking I bet did not have any plans..he just grabbed some wood started cutting and stuck some screws into it and stepped back and said LOOK I MADE A CHAIR!
:)
Nice chair
Nope, I always try to go by plans, whether I make them or get them from somewhere. Any time I try to do something without plans it seems to take me about 3/4 of a lifetime to get it done. [emoji38] [emoji38]

Latest posts

Top Bottom