Rather be Lucky than Good....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well done, but not to be a fun hater, but the next time that you take pictures over your carcass in the field, you might want to make sure that you have all of your blaze orange on. A GW can probably justify a citation just using your picture. Like I said, just my $0.02.

Nifty Buck, good job!!

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me thinks that if you weren't good your luck wouldn't have been good either. Terrific story and good hunting got you both the coyote and the nice buck. I agree that deer don't get spooked by a shot and may be unsure where it originated. I once shot a coyote as it came down the trail and less than an hour later took a nice 9 pointer which responded to my doe bleat. The buck actually walked over to the dead coyote and was trying to figure it out when I dropped him.

Coyotes do help keep the mice, rats, possum & skunk in check so they're not all bad. I enjoy the fun and challenge of hunting coyotes and they are the smartest predator IMHO. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom