Rattlers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful out there, the snakes are out and about.

Got this one below the house. 11 rattles, about 3ft long. Got out to open the gate and he was waiting to ambush me at the gate post. I nearly plowed the Gator over trying to get away.

ai981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_Photo_0038.jpg

Ozark Tracker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
now all you gotta do is skin him and cut him up in about 3 inch chunks, flour and fry up nice and crisp

good eating.

oh and a little white gravy is not bad at all, my wife always gets a little laugh when I make snake gravy.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad that you saw him in time to prevent being struck. Looks like he lost his head after your meeting. Have to also watch out for copperheads as well. I remember several years ago, I was bow hunting on the Weyerhaeuser timber land. I was about 1/2 a mile from my truck scouting on where I would hunt that afternoon. I stepped over a small log and felt something slap my boot, felt like someone hit it with a light stick. Anyway I looked back at the log wondering how I had missed whatever had hit the back part of my boot just bove the ankle.

Coiled up was a small copperhead which I quickly dispatched and then examined my ankle. Luckily it didn't break the skin but I would have been in a fix if it had. Besides the walk back to the truck I was at least 30 minutes to the nearest hospital.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
now all you gotta do is skin him and cut him up in about 3 inch chunks, flour and fry up nice and crisp

good eating.

oh and a little white gravy is not bad at all, my wife always gets a little laugh when I make snake gravy.

I've had rattlesnake...its pretty tasty! I'll have to get my buddy do the gravy thing. He lives in rattler country.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hhmmm,....Rattlesnakes in Cushing. I'm surprised you Garden Weasel doesn't take care of them..!

Southern Pawnee county actually. The garden weasel was the only tool in the gator at the time, I was in a hurry and left the house without my gun.
I must have a den in the rocky hillside by the creek, I killed a ginormous one last year less than 100yds from this one. it was 4ft and 8in circumference with 9 buttons. everybody in this area has rattlers, no one has killed any as big as these 2. they are getting 8-14" 3-4 button velvet tails. These are honest to god Timber Rattlers.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to skin it and give the hide to Traxxis to make a set of grips for you. Great markings and colorations on that one. Would look great on a 1911.

Latest posts

Top Bottom