Gate openers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I’ve noticed sometimes my gate opener is ready to work immediately and sometimes it kinda drags along. I deal with this about 10 times a day every day for about 6 months of the year and the rest of the year I don’t use the gate opener often since I’m not dealing with as many gates. My gate opener is only 38 years old but still in very good working condition. I know it’s not a signal issue because the gate opener comes right out of sleep mode first thing in the morning and I can tell acknowledges any command to open or close a gate but kinda slow to actually perform the task. I dunno, sometimes the gate opener seems to have a mind of its own. Right now I’m sitting at the kitchen table waiting for the gate opener to get off the phone so we can go get to work. Any of y’all have this problem or know how to get a gate opener to respond more quickly?

Thanks for any help you have. Please make sure your suggestions won’t result in me getting a black eye.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean heck my gate opener is winterized so temps shouldn’t be a problem. The heat works fine in the truck. Here’s a picture of my gate opener in winter mode. I definitely don’t want to get a new one because my brother gets a new one all the time and they seem even harder to understand. They have a much more complicated program to comprehend.
72B747AC-1932-4F4E-81C6-1DEDB6E31F7E.jpeg

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, in two years you can trade your 40 year old gate opener for two 20 year old gate openers.

Assuming that you’re wired for 220, that is.
I think I’ll just open the gates myself if this one quits. I can’t deal with that kind of voltage.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean heck my gate opener is winterized so temps shouldn’t be a problem. The heat works fine in the truck. Here’s a picture of my gate opener in winter mode. I definitely don’t want to get a new one because my brother gets a new one all the time and they seem even harder to understand. They have a much more complicated program to comprehend.
View attachment 358413
And from what I understand, they get exponentially more expensive every time you get rid of one. Last gate opener my friend got rid of it cost him his house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom