Gate openers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, reeled me in like a big fat carp hitting a dough ball.

That's because you haven't been around OSA long enough to have gotten to know Cowcatcher. I think I had a suspicion that it was his wife from just the title of the thread. However, it wasn't until the reference of 38 years old that I was sure of my suspicion.

Now, looking at those eyes in that picture has me stumped as to the message being conveyed by them. I can't decide if Cowcatcher is in trouble or what.

Just for your info, red dirt shootist, he has younger "gate openers," but I suspect that they were in school at the time.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's because you haven't been around OSA long enough to have gotten to know Cowcatcher. I think I had a suspicion that it was his wife from just the title of the thread. However, it wasn't until the reference of 38 years old that I was sure of my suspicion.

Now, looking at those eyes in that picture has me stumped as to the message being conveyed by them. I can't decide if Cowcatcher is in trouble or what.

Just for your info, red dirt shootist, he has younger "gate openers," but I suspect that they were in school at the time.
Yes this gate opener can get surly. Sometimes the eyes can alert you there is a malfunction but often the gate opener just throws a punch.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I’ve noticed sometimes my gate opener is ready to work immediately and sometimes it kinda drags along. I deal with this about 10 times a day every day for about 6 months of the year and the rest of the year I don’t use the gate opener often since I’m not dealing with as many gates. My gate opener is only 38 years old but still in very good working condition. I know it’s not a signal issue because the gate opener comes right out of sleep mode first thing in the morning and I can tell acknowledges any command to open or close a gate but kinda slow to actually perform the task. I dunno, sometimes the gate opener seems to have a mind of its own. Right now I’m sitting at the kitchen table waiting for the gate opener to get off the phone so we can go get to work. Any of y’all have this problem or know how to get a gate opener to respond more quickly?

Thanks for any help you have. Please make sure your suggestions won’t result in me getting a black eye.
Is her name Genie?

You just have to know the right buttons to push. Simple.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Gotcha, don't buy a used car from Cowcatcher. Comes across as an old country boy, but he's actually from New York City. He won't fool me more than 10 or 12 more times, I'm a little slow on the takeup

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just want you to know that it likely won't get any better. My Gate Opener is a slightly older model (1973 version) that seemed to have very few flaws for the first several years, but overtime, things have changed. This model did come w/ voice command - but that no longer works - AT ALL. Sometimes I just sit and look at the Gate Opener just hoping that it will work - just never seems to happen.
Anyway, I guess I'm nostalgic, its still fun to look at so I still keep it around, besides, I lost the owner's manual years ago, so whatever is wrong with it is probably my fault, right?

...one other thing I have recently noticed, when you touch it, it gets cold then hot, hot then cold. I constantly seem to be adjusting the AC or heat in my truck just to keep it from blowing up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom