RCBS .223 Swager Combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well got around to trying out the new toy. Worked pretty well except after I had done 50 or so cases. My son in law was reloading them after I ran the cases through the swager and we noticed that the new primers were flattening out. So I turned the die down a little bit and tried lowering the pin, seemed to work like a champ and did 50 more. When I finished up I looked at the pin and it was bent all to heck. Nice lil "S" curve to it, don't know when it bent but it was still working. A little hammer time and it's pretty straight and centered in the die. Gotta go shoot some more PMC stuff to see it it'll work with the fixed pin.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
?!?!?!?!?!? How do you bend a pin on an RCBS swager tool? I could see it on the sizing die or the deprimer. Thats why you buy extra pins in 10 packs.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to warn you that if you set the die or pin too deeply it will bend the pin. I don't think they use any hard steel for that part. I have made several replacement pins for my set, and I probably have swaged primer pockets on 30K military brass with it. I would like to have the Dillon Super Swage but I've never put out the money for one. Blitz

giant

New to the site!
Reaction score
With the stock pin it is very easy to bend the rod. i found replacement rods that are not rcbs on ebay. they are much stronger than the stock rod and i have done many with the same one.

also make sure the pin is screwed into the die as far as it will go, then turn the die into the press to set swag depth. rcbs told me the pin should never touch the shell, that the pins sole purpose is to guide the shell.... B.S. that guy needs not work for rcbs. the pin holds the pressure on the shell and takes ALL the force.

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Dillon Super Swage is the way to go. Did the whole RCBS swage thing, b/c my dad had one so I'd borrow it. Bought a Dillon gave the RCBS back to my dad, now he's attempting to swipe the Dillon from me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom