Re-blueing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnut918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wanting to get a couple of old .22 rifles restored. Any suggestions on where to get this done? One needs barrel replaced. Not really needing any wood work. Tulsa area would be best but traveling not a problem. If you’ve had this kind of work done and are satisfied with it, let me know where and I’ll check them out. Thanks all

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@ZP Browers is a gunsmith that does blueing, I haven't been to him in 3-4 years but he was west of Sand Springs then. His price at the time was pretty reasonable, I think like $150? But again, that was 3-4 years ago, and I believe that was for a handgun. Profile shows it's been a year since he was on.

I always recommend @SPDguns in Stillwater for everything else, but I don't believe he does blueing. Or maybe he can recommend someone who does.

gunnut918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@ZP Browers is a gunsmith that does blueing, I haven't been to him in 3-4 years but he was west of Sand Springs then. His price at the time was pretty reasonable, I think like $150? But again, that was 3-4 years ago, and I believe that was for a handgun. Profile shows it's been a year since he was on.

I always recommend @SPDguns in Stillwater for everything else, but I don't believe he does blueing. Or maybe he can recommend someone who does.
Talked to spdguns and you are right, doesn’t do blueing. Do you have a number for Browers? Will check with him.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I do not. I think his wife used to monitor the board for him and handled social media communications, I tagged them so maybe they will respond here. But it's been 3-4 years, so I don't have any other contact info for them.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave at L&L Machine Gun/MacKool did some blue work for me and it turned out nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0312.png
    IMG_0312.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom