Ready for this evening's weather?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weather forecast for my area:

MCCORD VFD: Severe weather expected for our area around 4PM. 80mph winds,baseball size hail & strong tornadoes are possible. Start making plans now.
Was at wallyworld awhile ago. Bottled water, bread and milk was flying out the door by the cart load.
But! They had .22 on the shelf![emoji106]
First time in 3 years!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was awakened about 2:00am by a few loud pops of what sounded like large hail hitting the roof.

Then there was an extended cracking sound and a loud crash... as the largest Hackberry (40-45ft or so?) in our backyard bit the dust.

Thankfully it missed the house by a few feet. :drunk2:

[EDIT]: Argh. Make that 50-60 ft tall, and even though the trunk is on the ground, part of the top is hanging over the roof. Not touching (6-8ft above it), but it will have to be dealt with soon. Just got back in from inspecting the situation.

Ya'll stay safe in the storms.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate hail too. Few years back when that big one took out Canadian Valley Tech Center in El Reno, it came on down I-40 and at my house in SW Yukon, it dropped big softball-sized hail/cannon balls through my roof. I had had back surgery just the day before and still had a catheter in! Couldn't even take a dang leak normally, but at least I had a nice view of the evening sky through my bathroom ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom