Real world gun confiscation scenario

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anything like that would cause immediate national upheaval unlike anything this country has seen... Possibly ever. The 2nd Amendment still has a lot of support by a massive number of people here... People in government, people in the police forces, people in shooting sports, people that are just enthusiasts... Essentially everywhere. We're just not to a place where government doing such a thing would be generally acceptable. That kind of thing is generations away... Maybe.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have contemplated this thought recently. A conversation with my 12 year old daughter this weekend kind of put it in a different light for me.

My daughter is adamant that she is going to join the military and ultimately, SPEC-OPS. She reads about military forces and watches the history channel...and not just the glorified Hollywood portrayal of it all. Friday, she comes home with the book, The Making of a Navy SEAL.

My wife told her that she doesn't really want her to join the military because it scares her. That evening, my daughter asks me why Mom is against her joining the military. I told her that it is because she is her baby girl and Mom is just afraid that you could get hurt or killed. A few moments of silence pass and my daughter finally says, "Dad, I'm okay if I get hurt or even killed. I can die in my sleep here, or get killed in a car accident...or I could die while fighting for something I believe in or protecting someone else or their way of life. I could die for something that matters."

So, I find myself with a sense of pride that I have raised a daughter that has that kind of belief in her values, but am sad at the same time. Back on point to this conversation...if my 12 year old daughter has such a strong conviction to stand up and fight for what she believes in, how could I not do the same?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Millions of American Family's over the years have had the same dilemma.

kudu's to your daughter for doing her research and making a decision.

I suspect that over time her thinking process will change as she matures because of government education.

The decision to join the military is a personal decision. Research life after joining, and make an educated decision after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom