Gun registration, banning, then confiscation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my doubts about a lot of the active military members. Yes they are oathkeepers in the sense that they took an oath when they entered the military, but....when I enlisted at age 19 I had to swear to the same oath just like every other member of the military.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God”

When I graduated High School, I knew very little about the Constitution or the Amendments, but it WAS pounded into me during basic that I WOULD obey the NCO’s and Officers over me or be subject to charges and punishments according to the UCMJ.

Looking back today, I see a conflict in that oath. What low ranking military member is going to disobey an order from an NCO or Officer who has just given the order to confiscate guns during a neighborhood sweep? If they refuse that order, they are subject to arrest, judicial punishment, reduction in rank, imprisonment in Leavenworth or Dishonorable Discharge.

If they do obey it, they are in violation of the same amendments they swore to protect.

It’s a total “between a rock and a hard place” situation.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wait till the next anti gun president is elected and he or she takes the 1934 machine gun act and then has the DOJ re-determine what the “readly convertable clause” really means, then watch all semi automatic rifles go away in 90 days or become a felon. Don’t think it can happen?....
This WILL happen I guarantee it. People might as well get ready for this outcome. Things will continue to get worse and worse while we sit by and watch. Evil is prevailing because good men and women are doing nothing.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my doubts about a lot of the active military members. Yes they are oathkeepers in the sense that they took an oath when they entered the military, but....when I enlisted at age 19 I had to swear to the same oath just like every other member of the military.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God”

When I graduated High School, I knew very little about the Constitution or the Amendments, but it WAS pounded into me during basic that I WOULD obey the NCO’s and Officers over me or be subject to charges and punishments according to the UCMJ.

Looking back today, I see a conflict in that oath. What low ranking military member is going to disobey an order from an NCO or Officer who has just given the order to confiscate guns during a neighborhood sweep? If they refuse that order, they are subject to arrest, judicial punishment, reduction in rank, imprisonment in Leavenworth or Dishonorable Discharge.

If they do obey it, they are in violation of the same amendments they swore to protect.

It’s a total “between a rock and a hard place” situation.
You can refuse an illegal order.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can refuse an illegal order.

True. But then you get relieved of duty and everything that goes with it. In the military system of justice, how often does a lower rank win against a superior officer, much less a commander? If you’re able to walk away without going to the brig, any amount of UCMJ punishment will be in your personnel folder and follow you throughout your career and affect any promotions. Military punishment is a career killer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom