Really getting attached to my National Match Gold Cup 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hard to describe how much I like my National Match Gold Cup 1911

my first .45 ... only had this 1911 one week. I've torn it completely down and put it back together at least couple hundred times.

practicing with it hours on end ... trigger feels really good ... breaks cleanly at 2lb 15oz with no creep. Sear carefully checked for proper angles with sear tension carefully adjusted for 100% reliability.

starting to get a good feel for how this 1911 works. have been slowly working out rub points by stoning. still need to order specific stones to fit trigger groove, etc.

starting to figure out how to adjust sear tension, first stage trigger pressure, trigger travel pre-set, thumb safety tension, ejector tension checked, feed ramp check for proper angles, etc..etc.

watching Eric at OPS tear down and reassemble my 1911 gave me a jump start on tear down procedures. changing out to Wilson tritium sights will be next.

up to 4 wilson clips, ordered 5k primers on the group buy, purchased 1k brass, 2k bullets hopefully will be here soon.

now who else has gotten this attached to their weapon?

[Broken External Image]

note the punch marks on pad from removing trigger spring assembly umpteen times.

[Broken External Image]

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
only a couple hundred rounds so far.... just purchased another 100 rounds of .45.

since my reloading supplies is not all here yet... limited to factory ammo. Ouchhhh.....

it's amazing how fast you can go through 50 rounds on this 1911.
Eric was telling me 30k+ rounds is his normal amount per year.

can already tell... .45 ammo is going to take a bite out of my wallet!

been practicing hours on end... using strong left grip, relaxed right.
was going to order a crimson tide laser, but was advised against it.

will install Wilson tritium sights instead. working hard at becoming a stronger shooter.

cool,
how many rounds have you put through it so far?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
opsss... calling Wilson magazines by the wrong name. have always called em clips...

anyways... OPS has Wilson goodies in stock

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mine had a modified one that was aprox. 14lbs, spring was cut instead of being smaller diameter wire. spring was not pushing slide completely forward.

Eric at OPS set me up with a 19lb Wilson spring. which cured problem of slide not going all the way forward.

my 1911 has a funky two piece full length guide rod, which makes reassembly a pita. plans are to revert back to GI plug using a one piece full length guide rod. but then again... the one that's in there is not really causing any problems.

This may be a little out of left field but....does your gold cup have the standard recoil spring plug or is it a full length guide rod???

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my 1911 has a funky two piece full length guide rod, which makes reassembly a pita. plans are to revert back to GI plug using a one piece full length guide rod. but then again... the one that's in there is not really causing any problems.

It's one or the other. The GI setup doesn't use a FLGR. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom