Realtors in Boise, Idaho are not nearly as "civilized"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am most happy in a litter-free place surrounded by mother nature with clean rivers, lakes, streams, mountains, canyons, perhaps coastline in some states, clean low-humidity air, rolling green hills with milk cows, evergreen forests and plenty of wild animals. Plenty of fish and game to boot. Idaho and Montana once offered those things (sans ocean beaches) before real estate became too expensive there. Before Leftist Democrats, there were AFFORDABLE places like that even in Washington State, rural northern California and Oregon. The economy drove me to Middle America. I'm displaced in Oklahoma. Blue collar folks can no longer enjoy the Pacific Splendor of the Wild Wild West. Back during the Dust Bowl 1930's, Middle America farmers were driven to California, the Promised Land. Bad politics and socioeconomics have driven blue-collar Americans back to Dust Bowl/Tornado/Hurricane/Flash Flood Country again. Funny how changing times reverse history. John Wayne, a blue-collar American icon, said in 1978 that California offered everything a man can ask for.

In 2021, where does America's Final Frontier truly lie now?

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew a guy in the military that was a realtor before he received his draft notice. He told me that an old widow wanted to sell her house and he asked her how much she wanted for her home and she told him a ridiculous amount far less than it would get on the market. So he bought the house and made $20,000 when he resold it on the market. Sometimes there is no honor or integrity, I've never forgotten this tale he told me. He was shameful in my opinion. Maybe I'm different but I try not to take advantage of anyone.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Classical music is often associated with snobs, the rich, my friend. Those who might sip double martinis and French cognac. The beer-drinking and well-burbon-drinking crowd often listens to unsophisticated stuff. Hard rock and country, namely. It's a stereotype. That's all. Can you listen to Hank Williams Jr. or AC/DC while sipping mai tais, pina coladas, Dom Perignon, wine coolers or Chivas Regal sco

I am most happy in a litter-free place surrounded by mother nature with clean rivers, lakes, streams, mountains, canyons, perhaps coastline in some states, clean low-humidity air, rolling green hills with milk cows, evergreen forests and plenty of wild animals. Plenty of fish and game to boot. Idaho and Montana once offered those things (sans ocean beaches) before real estate became too expensive there. Before Leftist Democrats, there were AFFORDABLE places like that even in Washington State, rural northern California and Oregon. The economy drove me to Middle America. I'm displaced in Oklahoma. Blue collar folks can no longer enjoy the Pacific Splendor of the Wild Wild West. Back during the Dust Bowl 1930's, Middle America farmers were driven to California, the Promised Land. Bad politics and socioeconomics have driven blue-collar Americans back to Dust Bowl/Tornado/Hurricane/Flash Flood Country again. Funny how changing times reverse history. John Wayne, a blue-collar American icon, said in 1978 that California offered everything a man can ask for.

In 2021, where does America's Final Frontier truly lie now?

WHAT WE and our families were born and raised here and what you saying is Bull Hockey and Offensive if your out of place feel free to go back to where you came from!

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
F
WHAT WE and our families were born and raised here and what you saying is Bull Hockey and Offensive if your out of place feel free to go back to where you came from!
Financially, I'm not free to go back there. Money, or lack thereof, dictates the whereabouts of most people on the world map. It's the economy, stupid. I'm an economic prisoner in Middle America. I once had something that I now miss. I will likely die in Middle America. It's an economic and cultural graveyard of sorts. People from the outside come to these parts basically to drop dead. Old folks on social security and whatnot. I'm an Arizona native. Dad in the air force down there at the time in 1964. The more western states is where I was raised and what I know.

It used to be the West where things were once the best.

If you Middle America natives are happy here, then God bless it for you!

One question: is Middle America NOW the New Frontier for this century? Texas, namely Austin, seems like a new frontier for Californians displaced by a high cost of living and lack of jobs on par with that high cost of living. Not to mention state income taxes. Texas does have a coast with sandy beaches though not technically an OCEAN coast.

Last edited:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, with that last comment about my HOME - you sir, in your coat and tie, nice trim haircut, racing that 95' Corolla, sipping on a Colt 45 because you can't afford a martini...CAN KISS MY OKLAHOMA ASS!! You didn't plan ahead, don't have a pot to piss in, somehow woke up in Lawton and want to blame others?? Nothing but excuses and whine here so someone will feel sorry and give you a damn dove popper!

Where's that ignore button again?

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You call me stupid . want to have coffee some morning. we can talk in depth about it . because what your saying is Bull. and i don't talk much

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You call me stupid . want to have coffee some morning. we can talk in depth about it . because what your saying is Bull. and i don't talk much
"It's the economy, stupid" is just a slogan, nothing personal intended, Mr. 123. I did not knock Oklahoma per se, it's just that Middle America is not the land of my lifelong dreams. It's not what I want, it's only what I can afford. Sometimes needs trump personal wishes. I never blamed one single person here for my personal woes anyway. I blame bad politics and human greed for all my troubles. Stop being so loyal to particular regions of America and be loyal to the nation's Constitution instead. Be loyal to this country as a whole. Be loyal to Our Flag. We are all Americans here. I consider myself an American, a citizen of the Republic, first before I consider myself a resident of any particular local jurisdiction. All these cultural differences divide this country. I'm not the enemy. I don't proudly proclaim myself an Oklahoman or an Arizona Native but rather an American. To my eyes, Mother Nature and Father Time seem to have decorated certain parts of this land prettier than others. The prettier parts are now reserved only for the privileged rich.

This state has the dubious honor of being ranked in the top ten of the poorest states in the Union. I still pay my taxes here and abide by the law here. I vote here like a dutiful citizen.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"It's the economy, stupid" is just a slogan, nothing personal intended, Mr. 123. I did not knock Oklahoma per se, it's just that Middle America is not the land of my lifelong dreams. It's not what I want, it's only what I can afford. Sometimes needs trump personal wishes. I never blamed one single person here for my personal woes anyway. I blame bad politics and human greed for all my troubles. Stop being so loyal to particular regions of America and be loyal to the nation's Constitution instead. Be loyal to this country as a whole. Be loyal to Our Flag. We are all Americans here. I consider myself an American, a citizen of the Republic, first before I consider myself a resident of any particular local jurisdiction. All these cultural differences divide this country. I'm not the enemy. I don't proudly proclaim myself an Oklahoman or an Arizona Native but rather an American. To my eyes, Mother Nature and Father Time seem to have decorated certain parts of this land prettier than others. The prettier parts are now reserved only for the privileged rich.

This state has the dubious honor of being ranked in the top ten of the poorest states in the Union. I still pay my taxes here and abide by the law here. I vote here like a dutiful citizen.
Weird duck and your still putting down my HOME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom