Rear ended by OKC police. They do not carry auto insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow ! She was hit hard !

Looks like the cop swerved left at the last second. Any chance of getting his cell phone records ?
Hi. I’m the friend that got hit. I was on a loop exit. And I was driving the inner loop and since I was doing that the cop decided to drive the outer loop (if that makes any sense as all.) and so that’s how his right side clashed with my left side.

Reaction score
You've got a good idea there, but we're both working on facts not in evidence.
I was wondering if the officer shot the dogs.
Hi. I’m that friend that got hit. No the officer didn’t shoot the dogs. He didn’t know they were in there until we asked for animal control to come get them. And they did. Both of the dogs are good. Unharmed.

Reaction score
Gee, if only someone had predicted the city being reluctant to pay out.

She hasn't seen anything yet. Just wait, she's not going to get squat.
The thin blue line (cops protect cops), combined with bureaucratic runaround, and taxpayer funded attorneys, will keep her busy for years.
If she can't afford that, she just needs to report to her insurance.
Hi. I’m that friend that got hit. I haven’t seen anything yet. True enough. But I am getting a lawyer and they will have to do a settlement. It was his fault. He even admitted to it. To me and to the other officers.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi! I’m that friend that got hit! My car is a 2006 Taurus. And where the tail light is where it got hit all of that is literally pushed into my trunk.

I won’t comment on the bodily injury side as that’s not my specialty (and your attorney will handle that but usually NOT the car as they don’t get paid to handle the car damages. It’s against the bar regulations), but I’ll say sadly that I’m certain the car is a total loss. They don’t pay to fix that damage on that year and model. They won’t replace it of course either, but they’ll pay a cash settlement for the pre-loss condition of the Taurus. So I know you said you don’t care about the money, but all claims are about is the money. They pay for the loss in cash, not with another used Taurus.

Start looking around Craigslist and AutoTrader for 2006 Taurus and getting an idea of what they are going for. Consider the differences in mileage and condition. Keep that in mind once they finally get around to handling the claim. Sometimes they’ll throw out a crazy good settlement so take it and run. But if it looks low compared to what you saw available in the classifieds, be ready to talk to them about what you’re seeing the cars listed for.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Despite what others say, the City will usually make good in the accidents that are their fault. I’m not so pessimistic. Especially since being a rear end accident liability is pretty clear. My company collects from municipalities routinely. Problem is they’re slow and a paperwork mess to deal with. Just like you’d expect from the government.

GHArms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That s a messed up deal.
Friend got rear ended and she is now out of transportation and has been for a week.
Seems the OKC police use money from general fund to take care of things like that and do not have auto insurance.
Maybe she has not talked to the right person.
No rental car from them.
Anyone have experience in this situation?

She e mailed me yesterday and said they finally got to step one ..which I suppose is sending someone out to look at her car. Not sure on that though.

When she called OKC police department the person that answered the phone said what department do you want me to transfer you too...No idea really.
Person on the phone had no idea ...or did they???

No no- city has insurance. Garbage trucks hit parked cars weekly. PM me and I can help. I’m wannadem lawyers. Fairly painless process.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldnt it be prudent for the injured person to not talk about this on a public forum?

If you were discussing legal strategies (in ongoing legal cases) that may tip-off the other side's defense, then sure - it wouldn't be 'prudent'.
Or if you were divulging additional information that would be counter to your case.

But she's just asking for advise on how to progress forward in the best manner available.
The damage has already been done. Nothing being discussed is 'questionable' in any way.

Reaction score
I won’t comment on the bodily injury side as that’s not my specialty (and your attorney will handle that but usually NOT the car as they don’t get paid to handle the car damages. It’s against the bar regulations), but I’ll say sadly that I’m certain the car is a total loss. They don’t pay to fix that damage on that year and model. They won’t replace it of course either, but they’ll pay a cash settlement for the pre-loss condition of the Taurus. So I know you said you don’t care about the money, but all claims are about is the money. They pay for the loss in cash, not with another used Taurus.

Start looking around Craigslist and AutoTrader for 2006 Taurus and getting an idea of what they are going for. Consider the differences in mileage and condition. Keep that in mind once they finally get around to handling the claim. Sometimes they’ll throw out a crazy good settlement so take it and run. But if it looks low compared to what you saw available in the classifieds, be ready to talk to them about what you’re seeing the cars listed for.
Even if they do give me the money to replace it myself, that’s fine. As long as my car gets fixed or replaced with a ‘new’ car. I’m not expecting them to just give me a new Taurus. But even a settlement large enough to get a car or fix this one is fine.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That s a messed up deal.
Friend got rear ended and she is now out of transportation and has been for a week.
Seems the OKC police use money from general fund to take care of things like that and do not have auto insurance.
Maybe she has not talked to the right person.
No rental car from them.
Anyone have experience in this situation?

She e mailed me yesterday and said they finally got to step one ..which I suppose is sending someone out to look at her car. Not sure on that though.

When she called OKC police department the person that answered the phone said what department do you want me to transfer you too...No idea really.
Person on the phone had no idea ...or did they???

As I see it, she was hit by an uninsured driver. Now, does she carry Uninsured Driver Accident Coverage in her Insurance Policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom