Received a shipment at work with the WRONG items in the box!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today we received a package from one of our manufacturers that we work with. It was supposed to contain some software and some parts for an upcoming project.

Well, it contained the items listed above, but they also seemed to think that we would like to get a brand new marijuana grow light as well. No joke. Makes you wonder what a grow light is doing in a slot machine manufacturing warehouse in Reno, NV. We emailed them back, with pictures, and asked them if they wanted the grow light back! It took about all of 3 minutes for the emails to start flying and my phone to start ringing!

We are shipping it back tomorrow. Their 'VP of Global Transit' wanted it shipped back directly to him. I guess he's none too happy about pot products being in his warehouse, haha!

1634611439270.png

1634611454345.png

Last year, around Christmas time, we were waiting on shipment from a different company. When it came in, it wasn't the software we were needing, but rather Tequila Lime and Coconut drink mix. We attributed it to possibly being holiday party supplies that got mixed up with our order. That was a pretty good one, but this one beats it in my book.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today we received a package from one of our manufacturers that we work with. It was supposed to contain some software and some parts for an upcoming project.

Well, it contained the items listed above, but they also seemed to think that we would like to get a brand new marijuana grow light as well. No joke. Makes you wonder what a grow light is doing in a slot machine manufacturing warehouse in Reno, NV. We emailed them back, with pictures, and asked them if they wanted the grow light back! It took about all of 3 minutes for the emails to start flying and my phone to start ringing!

We are shipping it back tomorrow. Their 'VP of Global Transit' wanted it shipped back directly to him. I guess he's none too happy about pot products being in his warehouse, haha!

View attachment 228982

View attachment 228983

Last year, around Christmas time, we were waiting on shipment from a different company. When it came in, it wasn't the software we were needing, but rather Tequila Lime and Coconut drink mix. We attributed it to possibly being holiday party supplies that got mixed up with our order. That was a pretty good one, but this one beats it in my book.
I ordered an 8 dollar mill bastard file from Amazon, I was shipped 60 dollar Swiss pruning sheers with extra blades and springs. I went ahead and just ordered another file after the third party vendor wanted me to ship it back before they sent me what I ordered.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HAHA!
Funny story.

We have received some shipments that we were not supposed to get. We contact them, and they tell us to just keep them.
One was a shipment of 1/8" thick wood squares about 4".
Have no idea where that came from but they wanted us to post a review. Obvious scam we have been reading about.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago in the P666 Refinery we had ordered some Garo compressor part from Italy. After weeks the big box of parts came in but, it was full of material like drapes would be made from. It was very high in cloth .

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda opposite. Years ago I had a person drive up to my office in Tulsa and hand me a box USPS had dropped off to his business a mile or so away that was addressed to me and my location. USPS had a $10K max they will insure back then. That box dropped of at the wrong address of that other business owner did the right thing and took his time to get it to the right person and address. He delivered a box worth more than $80K worth of content. There were and still are people in the world who had integrity back then, some of us do now.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a box with mufflers and exhaust pipe ..looked like a cat back system for a rice burner.
My address on it and an order form inside with another name on it and I tracked the guy down and he got his exhaust system.

Address was not even close to mine.
FIL ordered a sight for a Crossman Pellet rifle that was my sons that he broke off.
It was $10 for the part but came in a huge box and inside the box was not the sight but was a Winchester break barrel pellet rifle.

They had the same part number.

Latest posts

Top Bottom