Recipe for 180gr Lead .40S&W

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone got a good recipe for 180gr lead .40S&W.

Need a light pressure load, will be shooting through a Glock/KKM barrel.

Doesnt look like Hogdon has load data for it on their online app.

If you got a recipe that uses WSF I would be appreciative.

Please post all details if you got em. (COL, velocity, Pressure)

Thanks.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dude! Do not load 5.4 grains of WS anything in a 1.135 load! People have to be real carefule posting like the one above, warning or not. That is a major load at 1.180 OAL.

Hopefully Sean M can opine. I think he is loading 4.1 WST OAL 1.135 for his Glok and getting ~140 power factor.

M

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And a very fine choice I might add. It is very close to VV N320 but half the price. Make sure you store it in a temp controlled area though. A bit sensitive.

Good luck and let us know how the loads turn out.

M

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I ran a ,40 I used 4.2 grains of WST and a federal SPP. Very soft shooting load and very accurate out of a stock barreled G35. I beleive start was 4.1 so start there. Very little smoke.

+1 on the WST. I use it in 9mm and .45 and will soon be using it in .40. I love the stuff with lead bullets. You should be able to find data from Winchester for .40 and .45 but I've never seen any in 9mm. You'll probably have to check some older manuals. The newest one from Hodgdon says WST is good for standard pistol loads especially in 45ACP but they don't list any data for it at all for pistols. :scratch:

It meters great, is pretty clean, gives little smoke, is usually available and most of all it's very soft shooting.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the WST. I use it in 9mm and .45 and will soon be using it in .40. I love the stuff with lead bullets. You should be able to find data from Winchester for .40 and .45 but I've never seen any in 9mm. You'll probably have to check some older manuals. The newest one from Hodgdon says WST is good for standard pistol loads especially in 45ACP but they don't list any data for it at all for pistols. :scratch:

It meters great, is pretty clean, gives little smoke, is usually available and most of all it's very soft shooting.

I think all hogdon lists is jackest for .40, or at least Im not seeing the lead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom