Recipe for Varmint .223 AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbsadavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried Benchmark in my Mini 14 and was suprised with how clean it burns. Went to Gene Sears Supply in El Reno and bought two more pounds.. Now I will Load up a little H4895 and try it out..

idleclamp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am using h335 (meters well) and varget for .223. Check out the book Black Magic if you have not already read it. Lots of loads and accuracy stuff.

Can you be a little more specific about the book? A search on Amazon comes back with a lot of books about spells and witchcraft.:homer:

BadWin45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe this'll help...

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

YMMV.

I have some rounds loaded with H335 but have not had time to take them to the range.

HTH

idleclamp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe this'll help...

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

YMMV.

I have some rounds loaded with H335 but have not had time to take them to the range.

HTH

Thanks for the information. I assume that's with a 16" barrel and 1:9 twist at 100 yards. Is that correct? Since I'm using a varmint rifle, I trying to use a heavier bullet, but more data is always good, especially since I reload for 16", 1:9 too.:thumbup3:

BadWin45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I assume that's with a 16" barrel and 1:9 twist at 100 yards. Is that correct? Since I'm using a varmint rifle, I trying to use a heavier bullet, but more data is always good, especially since I reload for 16", 1:9 too.:thumbup3:

The AR15-A3 is a 20" 1-9 HBAR, The M4gery is the 16" 1-9. I haven't tried any bullets heavier than the 62gr. PPU yet. I may not...

Just curious: What varmint are you hunting that you may need a bullet heavier than 55gr.?

idleclamp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, after a lot R&D, I finally came up with a load that my varmint likes. I think this will work....

ai478.photobucket.com_albums_rr148_idleclamp_DSC00549.jpg

[Broken External Image]

I think I can do better at 200, but less than 1 1/2" isn't bad. :thumb:

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom