Recommend me a new .45 Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50GI Jess

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi crg 1372,
One idea, would be finding a second hand Kimber, and have it checked out by a qualified pistolsmith. Or if you have the money, then just go ahead and buy a true custom 1911 once and for all. It's usually better to have one good gun, instead of a handfull of mixed bag quality.
Jess Christensen

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am also interested. I was getting ready to start the same post when I read yours. I am looking for something to target shoot with. I am trying to decide between a .40 and a .45. I have my down to M&P and XDM, but I really hadn't thought about a 1911. It seems like most of the 1911's are quite a bit more expensive than $500-$600, but if there is a good option in this price range, please let me know. I have been looking at Bud's and their M&P prices are pretty good and then there is the S&W $50 or 2 mag. rebate that also helps. Thanks again for starting the thread and to everyone that shares their opinion.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say go for the rock island 1911. You can pickup a tactical version from gunbroker for less then $500 shipped and transferred. I'd go to the range and rent one. Probably cost ya $40. 1911's are just so accurate for such a big bullet and low recoil IMO

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say go for the rock island 1911. You can pickup a tactical version from gunbroker for less then $500 shipped and transferred. I'd go to the range and rent one. Probably cost ya $40. 1911's are just so accurate for such a big bullet and low recoil IMO

Think I might just go do that this weekend. I have an assortment of polymer handguns. Maybe its time to take the 1911 plunge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom