Red dot pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are getting very popular, I got quite a few of em now. Figured I’d start a thread so folks can show off their stuff maybe tell us a bit about it and answer some questions people might have.I’ll go first

I recently purchased this Glock 20 from an OSA member. It was a normal Glock when I got it.

Slide milled by Jagerwerkx - front and rear slide serrations and top window, milled for Holosun 509t. I’ve had several milled by Jagerwerkx and can say I’ve been pleased with their work every time.
Red dot - Holosun 509t - this is my favorite Red dot to use on my pistols, it’s so much easier to clean.
Magwell and magazine extension by SLR rifleworks
Barrel - KKM g20 match threaded barrel
Sights - (came with the gun so not sure what brand) orange front post standard rear sight.
Since it’s milled for the 509t standard height sights work fine and suppressor height sights are not needed.

5A9CF2F1-4733-4238-BA35-C319FD191EF4.jpeg

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The psa dagger slides may be the least expensive way to get started with the dot. They run, you can see the backup iron, and at least my ( sample of one)- is tight enough to produce 2” groups at 25 yds.

icarus_85

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
1681052157259.jpeg

This is my first G5 Glock 19 with MOS. I researched the Holsun HE507C-GR X2 with the ACSS Vulcan optical system. In terms of learning to shoot with an optic, this was a bit of a game changer. First of all, the dot itself isn’t a dot. This model uses a chevron with the tip being what you put on target. Also, there’s a large circle ⭕️ around the chevron that aids in correcting your aim while training. You can use the system all the time if you want or turn off the circle as you gain proficiency with your shooting. The circle only aids you in correctly aiming up/down and laterally. I found that when I started out using an optic I was always aiming high and could not find the chevron quickly. This system aids you by developing muscle memory in bringing your firearm up, quickly acquiring the chevron and putting it on target. It’s amazing how our brain and muscle memory quickly adapt when drawing and firing on target using an optic. Lots of reps, and then more reps quickly give you confidence and success. You can turn off the training circle ⭕️ at any time and just use the chevron. My optic is green btw. I can see it much better than the red in any lighting condition. Also, I really like the “shake-to-wake” feature. As long as the gun doesn’t move, the optic will turn off in 10 minutes. Saves the battery when it’s not being carried. Optic immediately turns on when the gun is unholstered or moved. Great little optic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom