Red dot pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 366182
This is my first G5 Glock 19 with MOS. I researched the Holsun HE507C-GR X2 with the ACSS Vulcan optical system. In terms of learning to shoot with an optic, this was a bit of a game changer. First of all, the dot itself isn’t a dot. This model uses a chevron with the tip being what you put in target. Also, there’s a large circle ⭕️ around the chevron that aids in correcting your aim while training. You can use the system all time if you want or turn off the circle as you get more proficient with your shooting. The circle only aids you in correctly aim up/down and laterally. I found when I started out that I was always aiming high and could find the chevron quickly. This system aids you by developing muscle memory in bringing your firearm up quickly and acquiring the “dot” on target. It’s amazing how our brain and muscle memory quickly adapt when drawing and firing on target. Lots of reps, and then more reps. You can turn off the training circle ⭕️ at any time and just use the chevron. My optic is green btw. I can see it much better than the red in any lighting condition. Also, I really like the “shake-to-wake” feature. As long as the gun doesn’t move, the optic will turn off in 10 minutes. Saves the battery when it’s not being carried. Optic immediately turns on when the gun is unholstered or moved. Great little optic.
Been longing realllonging for this very optic for the tanfoglio Stock 2 I traded for recently. Great name ,lots of worthy features, and great company support. A super bang for the buck !👍👍👏👏

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could use one. But cannot due to my bad Astigmatism.

64338EA2-8851-4EA0-BB05-B231102804E0.jpeg

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first experience with a dot sight was a frame mounted optic on my open class race piece back in the 90s. Since it didn’t reciprocate with the slide it was insanely easy to keep it on the target with small splits. In my limited experience with the slide mount optic it’s not nearly as easy to accomplish the same results. Obviously if I were to burn a few thousand practice rounds it would be carved a little deeper in my grain. The technique that seems to yield the best results this far is to lock a modified isosceles in the upper body and make my transitions from the waist to keep my eye hand position constant.

What gives you guys with more experience the best results?

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first experience with a dot sight was a frame mounted optic on my open class race piece back in the 90s. Since it didn’t reciprocate with the slide it was insanely easy to keep it on the target with small splits. In my limited experience with the slide mount optic it’s not nearly as easy to accomplish the same results. Obviously if I were to burn a few thousand practice rounds it would be carved a little deeper in my grain. The technique that seems to yield the best results this far is to lock a modified isosceles in the upper body and make my transitions from the waist to keep my eye hand position constant.

What gives you guys with more experience the best results?
A rds bedded as low as possible
And practice with presentations. Once
I find it initially, I don’t lose it

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could use one. But cannot due to my bad Astigmatism.
I have a pretty bad astigmatism as well. Yet I have no problem with either the RMR or the 507c. Which is really weird because the Aimpoint and the cheaper versions of it all either bloom or give me multiple dots. On my rifle I can only have the EOTech or LPVO. Have you tried turning down the intensity of the dot or a getting a smaller one? I find that with my astigmatism a 2 or 3 moa dot on low power works.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pretty bad astigmatism as well. Yet I have no problem with either the RMR or the 507c. Which is really weird because the Aimpoint and the cheaper versions of it all either bloom or give me multiple dots. On my rifle I can only have the EOTech or LPVO. Have you tried turning down the intensity of the dot or a getting a smaller one? I find that with my astigmatism a 2 or 3 moa dot on low power works.

I have tried several types to no avail. There are varying degrees of Astigmatism, and I have a severe case.

I do run Aimpoint Comp M4s on two rifles that work, but only cause there is Aimpoint Magnifiers behind them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom