Red dot pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have tried several types to no avail. There are varying degrees of Astigmatism, and I have a severe case.

I do run Aimpoint Comp M4s on two rifles that work, but only cause there is Aimpoint Magnifiers behind them.

I also have a pretty rough Astigmatism but have no issues with the Holosun SCS MOS.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Leupold Delta point G34 and DeltaPoints pros on G19 and prodigy. I find the red dot makes it easier to hit what I shoot at.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am looking at that Riton for my Ruger 22/45, how do you like it? Only negatives I have read about them are the auto dot not being right if you're shooting from shade/into shaded areas, and the adjustment clicks are kinda soft.
I haven't used it at all but I've read the same things. I hope to get out and shoot with it soon. When I do I will let you know how I like it.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ P-09, yummy
IMG_0369.jpeg

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kicking this thread back awake as I just recently started using pistol red dots. My first was a holosun scs on a glock 17 g5 and then a Redfield micro on the canik.
20240203_174146.jpg

20231025_134609.jpg

I'm curious how you guys keep solvents off the red dots when cleaning the breech face with brushes? I used the cover for the Redfield to keep the bore scrubber off, but can't remember if the holosun came with one. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kicking this thread back awake as I just recently started using pistol red dots. My first was a holosun scs on a glock 17 g5 and then a Redfield micro on the canik.
View attachment 450601
View attachment 450602
I'm curious how you guys keep solvents off the red dots when cleaning the breech face with brushes? I used the cover for the Redfield to keep the bore scrubber off, but can't remember if the holosun came with one. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Would this possibly work? I could print one pretty easily

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eyes starting to get fuzzy up close.
Figured I'd start trying out a few different RDS on different pistols to see how much I like/dislike them.
Ease into them so to speak.....not committing a ton of $$$ until I get comfortable with them.
Gonna have to get used to them If I want to keep shooting.

Here's the first build:
PSA Dagger Full Size "S" frame
PSA SW3 slide with PSA threaded barrel
Cyelee Calf X1 optic
Olight Valkryie light

IMG_1826.jpg

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would this possibly work? I could print one pretty easily
That would probably work great. You would think as much as the holosun was it would've came with a cover, but I just checked the box and it only had the cheesy lens cloth inside. I've been tempted to try my luck at a 3d printer, but feel it will be like computers, as soon as you buy one it will be obsolete by the time it's shipped to you. Lol.
I guess with the solar on the scs mos holosun figured a cover would be counterintuitive. Oh well, I might try electrical tape on my next cleaning.
It didn't cross my mind until I noticed all the splatter on lens and started freaking out cause I didn't know if solvent would eat the lens or the coatings. A quick scramble for q-tips and isopropyl resolved my cf.:hithead:

Latest posts

Top Bottom