Red River Showdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it is true. 100% true.

I don’t know a single hard core uo fan that cheers for ut, ever. For Christ’s sake, one of their fan symbols is an upside down ut symbol. They flash it at every game, for every sport, if they’re playing ut or not. They put it on clothing and vehicles, and I know one goon that has it tattooed on his leg. An upside down longhorn has become synonymous with uo.

If you are a hard core fan of uo, you want ut to lose every single game. It’s no different with oSu and uo. A state border doesn’t change any of that.

Now if you’re a casual fan, it’s a completely different deal. Causal fans are good. But the word “fan” derives from fanatic. if you’ve got a closet full of uo gear, tags and flags on your car, and you’re buying sooner onesies for your infant children and grandchildren and your Autumn Mondays are predicated on how the Sooners did on Saturday, then you want oSu to lose every single game they play.

Maybe you ain’t that guy, but there’s a **** ton of that guy out there.
No, it’s not 100 percent true.

Although you are right in the fact that I don’t know any die hard OU fan that would ever route for the University of Texas. No, not now and not ever. But………….I will route for OSU over any other school in the conference except for OU. I don’t understand why you can’t understand this. I know many many OU fans the feel the same as I do. I went to OU and I worked and taught at OU. I am as die hard as they come.

I had a business aquaintance continue to post very negative remarks about OU on my wife’s Facebook page. She had taken a lot of photos of she and I in our OU gear at the hotel, at the tailgatine parties we were at and at the stadium. Every time she posted, he would slam OU, it’s fans, school and players. She was not saying one single derogatory thing about Texas or OSU but he, being a OSU Alum, thought he needed to troll her page and slam our school. All she was posting was personal pictures of us and the good time we were having.
She finally got pissed and told him that she has deleted his post and will continue to delete his post. He got all pissy and said that don’t bother, He will delete us from his friends list and will not participate in our convention next year.
That passed me off and I said good riddance. He is a prime example of a lot of the OSU fan base. They spend more time putting down OU than they do posting and raving about their own school.

Now I am not lumping all of the OSU fans into this pot like some of the people in this forum do to us OU fans.
There are a lot of us that care about our school and yes I would rather see OSU win against any team in the Big 12 except when they play us. I am very sorry if you do not understand this. But this is 100 percent true.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You would rarely, if ever, find a die hard OSU fan that had no tight connection to the school. On the flip side, every Tom, Dick or Harry that had didn't even have 6 degrees of separation from OU was an OU football fanatic.
I totally agree with this statement. A winning tradition creates a huge fan base. Alabama, Ohio State, Texas just to name a few has a huge fan base like OU of fans that have no ties to the actual university.

OU has 7 National Championships,
7 Heisman winners
14 Big 12 Championships
50 Overall Conference Championships
82 All Americans
377 players drafted to the NFL
plus numerous other player awards.

This is what gets fans in addition to the fans that are directly involved in the school.

Now I’m saying anything negative about OSU. They have their traditions and have had a winning season for many years. But they cannot compare to what the University of Oklahoma has done. MHO

Last edited:

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it’s not 100 percent true.

Although you are right in the fact that I don’t know any die hard OU fan that would ever route for the University of Texas. No, not now and not ever. But………….I will route for OSU over any other school in the conference except for OU. I don’t understand why you can’t understand this. I know many many OU fans the feel the same as I do. I went to OU and I worked and taught at OU. I am as die hard as they come.

I had a business aquaintance continue to post very negative remarks about OU on my wife’s Facebook page. She had taken a lot of photos of she and I in our OU gear at the hotel, at the tailgatine parties we were at and at the stadium. Every time she posted, he would slam OU, it’s fans, school and players. She was not saying one single derogatory thing about Texas or OSU but he, being a OSU Alum, thought he needed to troll her page and slam our school. All she was posting was personal pictures of us and the good time we were having.
She finally got pissed and told him that she has deleted his post and will continue to delete his post. He got all pissy and said that don’t bother, He will delete us from his friends list and will not participate in our convention next year.
That passed me off and I said good riddance. He is a prime example of a lot of the OSU fan base. They spend more time putting down OU than they do posting and raving about their own school.

Now I am not lumping all of the OSU fans into this pot like some of the people in this forum do to us OU fans.
There are a lot of us that care about our school and yes I would rather see OSU win against any team in the Big 12 except when they play us. I am very sorry if you do not understand this. But this is 100 percent true.
Please don’t🙏

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totally agree with this statement. A winning tradition creates a huge fan base. Alabama, Ohio State, Texas just to name a few has a huge fan base like OU of fans that have no ties to the actual university.

7 Heisman winners
14 Big 12 Championships

This is what gets fans in addition to the fans that are directly involved in the school.

Now I’m saying anything negative about OSU. They have their traditions and have had a winning season for many years. But they cannot compare to what the University of Oklahoma has done. MHO

I’m OU Alumn. Graduated ’96. Still have my $32 season ticket stubs with the little holes punched for each game.

Under Gibbs last years, Blake’s years and with the exception of Schnelly’s first 3 home games, the stadium was 3/4 filled at most, the team was heckled quite often and the fan base disappeared.

So much for that tradition attracting that fan base lol

Then stoops came and got his championship and woo boy the car flags and the great goateed fan base came out in droves. Something changed about the fan base after that and it became very aggravating and annoying.

I used to watch 18 hours of CFB every Saturday from game day to the end of the HI game because I gambled and was decently good at it. I quit cold turkey when the woke crap started and don’t watch any more. Life’s better.

But yeah, OU fans make it easy to laugh at them when the team has faltered because they are so in your face about “their” team lol.

BTW, Venables was a terrible hire and I’m on record with several people about that the day they hired him. I work with clients that are big alumn boosters so I hear what’s going on. (Not inside info they just talk OU sports to me all the time that’s how I hear about the program without watching sports)

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

7 Heisman winners
14 Big 12 Championships
50 Overall Conference Championships
82 All Americans

What they have done won’t get them anything this year. Part of the problem with OU is they are told every year how great they are based on the past. The fans are quick to point out how great they have been. Maybe expectations on what they really have to work with this year might cause them to improve to what they can become the rest of the season. In August some fans were predicting a National Championship. Not sure how they could possibly imagine that for this year.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just got back to our hotel from the game and the Texas State Fair.
Wow, what a butt kicking Texas gave us today. 49-0. Worst loss that we can remember. Oh well, we still love our Sooners and know they will be back to greatness at some point.
Venables, like any coach on his position, needs at least a couple of years to get this team back to where it has been.

Back at the hotel tailgating party watching the OSU vs Texas Tech game.

View attachment 308700
Irony is that OU's prior worst shutout ever was in 1945 to OSU(47-0). Can't argue with 311 consecutive games without a shutout though.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s 7:44am…and OU still sucks.

Actually, as a long suffering and former Texas fan, I felt really bad for the Sooners. They looked awful. I don’t even know where they begin to rebuild. They almost literally did not have any good points to begin on. They were picked apart by a solid, but two loss Texas team.

Latest posts

Top Bottom