Reloading 6mm calibers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did you like the 7mm 160 grain?
I'm shooting 180 Berger Hybrids but always like a back up plan.

I like the 7mm 160 gr. B.T. - H.P. Game King very well. I use that bullet exclusively in a 7mm-08...

I have also shot that same bullet in other 7mm's like the 280 Ackley Improved, 7mmX300 Weatherby and 7mm STW...

These Sierra bullets are some of the most accurate hunting bullets I have ever used. Regardless of caliber or cartridge used, I have never had these bullets fail to shoot groups well under an inch at 200 yds. and more than a fair share under that at 300 yds...

Give these bullets a try if you have never used them before. I really don't think you will be dissapointed...

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, these bullets do not have a high B.C. as compared to other bullets but, their accuracy and performance on game more than make up for that...

Not that it matters but, when I shoot a deer, if at all possible, I shoot high on the front shoulder. I am not a heart/lung shooter. Some guys ask why I shoot high on the shoulder and my response is that, I would rather throw away 5 lbs. of meat, instead of having 150 lbs. run off. Please understand though, that this is just my personal preference and not a p-p contest on where to shoot deer. I just try to share what I have done and found works best for me....

DAVID

OK243

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it is a bit awkward when in not shooting prone. It will be handier at a shorter length. The gun is a heavy dog but it sits good on sticks with that chassis. I didn't build it for hunting but I think it is going to be awesome in the field.
I'm not going down the suppressor road, Yet!!

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it is a bit awkward when in not shooting prone. It will be handier at a shorter length. The gun is a heavy dog but it sits good on sticks with that chassis. I didn't build it for hunting but I think it is going to be awesome in the field.
I'm not going down the suppressor road, Yet!!

Come on buddy, drink the kool-aid. Go give BJ a paycheck..or two and get on the waiting couch with the rest of us cool kids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom