Reloading 7.5x55 Swiss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welp, I'm finally going to be getting some reloading gear in a month or so. I'm mostly going to be turning out cheapish 9mm and 38 Special, but I do want to reload for my K31 to see what it can do with quality hand-loaded ammo.

My question is this: is it worth paying $70 for that RCBS Berdan decapping tool so that I can reload all this GP11 brass I've been saving? Or should I just get Boxer-primed brass from someone like Prvi Partisan or Norma?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Welp, I'm finally going to be getting some reloading gear in a month or so. I'm mostly going to be turning out cheapish 9mm and 38 Special, but I do want to reload for my K31 to see what it can do with quality hand-loaded ammo.

My question is this: is it worth paying $70 for that RCBS Berdan decapping tool so that I can reload all this GP11 brass I've been saving? Or should I just get Boxer-primed brass from someone like Prvi Partisan or Norma?

I've been hoarding my GP11, and have started shooting the Norma, and PP to save the brass. The PP can be gotten at fair prices at www.ammunitiontogo.com roughly the same or a little cheaper than the GP11. I don't know if the decapper would be worth the trouble unless you got several hundred rounds of the brass.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't mess with trying to reload berdan brass. Hornady also produces loaded 7.5 Swiss ammunition. I've seen the Hornady 7.5 Swiss for sale from Grafs and Sportsman's Guide.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I thought about doing this also, but I could never find the primers. I think I finally found some in Canada for like $70 per 1k. Not worth it to me. If primers show up again, maybe, but I don't see there being a big enough demand to make that feasible to make or import. If they are made, it will probably be for premium prices and make it worthwhile to just buy boxer brass and primers.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't know this.

Do I just run it through a 7.5x55 sizing die? Or do I need to fireform it or something?

Yes, apparently it about that easy. You may need to trim the case and some have suggested that the case neck may need annealing, too.

I believe that the Wolf Gold ammunition is loaded by Privi Partisan as well and it should be reloadable.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
284 Win brass works real well just run them thru the 7.5 size die, load and go shoot.
Redding dies are the only dies made for the K31 chamber, the others are made for the K11, They are different

Latest posts

Top Bottom