Remember when................................?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
In about 1950, or 51, when I was about 4, or 5, we were going to town. My folks were talking about someone they knew, as we passed their house, that had gotten a TV, They called it a radio with a picture! That was the first time I ever heard of a TV. When we got home I ran in and turned our radio on, and looked in the speaker slots, to see if we had a picture in our radio, We didn't!! I saw my first TV program, Howdy Doody, later at an aunts house, with about 10 or 12 cousins. If technology changes as much the next 70 years, as it has the last 70, I can't imagine where the human race will be? I hope we are not back in the stone age, digging for grubs with a dull stick?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fashion? I'm sure there were people wondering why a lady dared to show her ankles the first time it happened, too.

Oh it's definitely a fashion statement. I remember the first time I saw the runway models ... In the 90s. It didn't really catch fire back IIRC then but it most definitely has this time around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom