Remember when................................?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't realize the first Sonic opened in 1953 right in Shawnee, OK.

There are so many things I miss from my childhood that I can't possibly make a list.
The oldest remaining Sonic restaurant building is the Classic 50s Drive-In on west Lindsey in Norman. Sonic tried to buy it back about 20 years ago, but the guy who owns it refused to sell, so Sonic built a new one right next to it.

Last I heard, Classic 50s was still a going concern, but that next-door Sonic subsequently closed and got bulldozed.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A&W frosty mugs brought by a car hop and hung on the window
Mugs and trays that half the people stole from the business. When they found out they couldn't stop them, they started selling them.

A&W Mama burger, Papa Burger and the Teen Burger had bacon!

Where you would get into trouble if you called a bra being dried on the clothesline a double shot slingshot.

Where the box to any big appliance was more fun riding it down a hill than tearing it up for the burnpile.

When you could take the metal strap off of a shipping crate, bend it over, and make a really loud mouth whistle device. Thank you @swampratt for reminding me of that today!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CBAQjRxqFwoTCMDTxdKJg4IDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD
When after school you went bird hunting with the principal and superintendent on your home pond.

When you could ride a bike on the sidewalk legally.

When you had a Western Flyer fat tire with a basket and your best friend got a Scwinn Orange Crate Stingray for Christmas.

When you had grandparents and had a big family with 3 or 4 Christmas celebrations every year.

When you bought a bottle of cinnamon oil and a box of toothpicks.

When you were ten years old working hard with grandpa on the farm and he gives you a small piece of Days Work Plug and tells you not to tell your mother. Boy oh boy! I was poopin in tall cotton when he did that.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I decided we need another participation thread. Everyone enjoys them, right? Of course, you do!

Since many of us are officially "Old Fogies," it might be fun to reminisce about the things we from our childhoods that may be "out-of-style" today. And, of course, you young Whippersnappers can join in too.
I was expecting you to sing some Alan Jackson to me. FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom