Remember when................................?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid my mom would let us ride our bikes into town to the little mini mart. There was a $0.05 deposit on cans and bottles and that mini mart would hand count them and give you the money for them. We’d go with enough to get a few bucks and then grab tootsie roll minis for a penny each and then maybe a fountain drink. I couldn’t imagine letting my kids ride their bikes into town by themselves

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can remember teachers who were veterans who wouldn't take any crap from students. If they were a Marine, no one wanted to cross them. and when they laid the "board of education" on your backside, you made sure whatever it was you did wasn't ever done again! I can also remember going into my backyard and shooting any caliber gun without any problems with neighbors, buying a used shotgun for $8.00 at the local store, trading guns, comics, walking everywhere on foot no less, everybody waved at each other in passing.
No one charged anything for a puppy or dog! They were given away to those that wanted them and if a person wanted a goat, $3.00! My mother had a nice late model Mercury with leather seats and I was shocked when she bought a goat and put it in the back seat on that nice leather! Who in their right mind would do that?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drinking from the water hose.

We all did it. We all did it often. We all lived...
I still drink from the water hose.
I did it a couple days ago.
Flavored water for almost free :)

I have drank from city creeks and gutters when people watered their lawns and washed their cars.
Yea I do not like going to the doctor and one reason is I do not want to hear what is wrong with me :)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5 for a dollar footlong chili dogs at Dairy Queen, 3 Dog Night, Der Dutchman, catching crabs in Clear Lake (TX) to sell to the butcher who gave us a few bucks and a case of chicken necks for bait. my sister's best friend Cathy who decided to pose in my doorway wearing a babydoll nighty during a sleepover. Well until my sister hollered and asked where she was.

Last edited:

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5 for a dollar footlong chili dogs at Dairy Queen, 3 Dog Night, Der Dutchman, catching crabs in Clear Lake (TX) to sell to the butcher who gave us a few bucks and a case of chicken necks for bait. my sister's best friend Cathy who decided to pose in my doorway wearing a babydoll nighty during a sleepover. We until my sister hollered and asked where she was.
We what pop, you forgot to tell me this story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom