Remington 22lr gold bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the range this week and after shooting 50 rounds of Remington gold bullets in 22lr I noticed my accuracy was really off.I unloaded the gun and noticed a third of the bullet was in the last 1/8th inch of the barrel.I had shot about 2000 rounds of cci and federal automatch and never had this problem.Luckily it was a semi auto and I was able to take the barrel off and get out the lead with a dowel rod.I was worried that the accuracy would be messed up but went back the next day with automatch federals and everthing was fine.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Remington's by general consensus are lousy .22 ammo.
I was at the Stillwater Academy last week. They had a half dozen bulk boxes of Remington, and I passed on them even though I'm constantly in the hunt for .22 rimfire. Some is just not good enough to buy.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a box of Remington Target that had about 10 duds. That's 10 out of 100 that wouldn't even go on the 3rd hammer strike. I'm not counting those that actually DID go when struck again. It wasn't the gun because it did this in a couple different guns and other ammo didn't. Over 10% failure rate in an upper tier product line is more than I'm going to deal with and I haven't bought any Remington rimfire ammo since.

electriccowboy

Marksman
Reaction score
I have had duds with Remington that would never fire. I would then place them in a different gun and they would fire. I have removed them from the gun that would not fire them and place them back in it and try again with no luck then place them in a second gun and they fire. I have hit the same bullet 10 times witm it not going off and then change guns and it goes off the first strike. this is really odd. I have tested it with as many as six 22's on the bench and rotating the duds around between them. I stay clear of Remington 22 ammo.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like when their fresh they shoot good, after they've rode around awhile my 22-45 starts having problem with them.

Could be the super loose bullets

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
off topic --- when I first put together my 22 ar it would shoot cci in a heartbeat ,other items win/fed / rem were 1 in 3 ftf till I pulled the adapter and polished it and coated with dry lube

Latest posts

Top Bottom