Remington 700 help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dochawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just purchased a use remington 700 in .223. It has 26 inch heavy barrel and black synthetic stock (Speckled paint look). How do I tell what model of of 700 it is.

Thanks

jb

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Load it up, put the safety on, pull the trigger, then, with it pointed in a safe direction, take the safety off. You'll find out what model you have....

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The finish and barrel length / profile suggest an SPS Varmint but I'd guess that stock to be a take-off HS or a Hogue from another model. Hmmm... Can't tell from that pic but that doesn't look like an X-Mark trigger.

Any markings or name on the stock?

dochawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The finish and barrel length / profile suggest an SPS Varmint but I'd guess that stock to be a take-off HS or a Hogue from another model. Hmmm... Can't tell from that pic but that doesn't look like an X-Mark trigger.

Any markings or name on the stock?

Recoil pad is marked remington. I have seen simalr stocks on the sendero's, but they don't make sendero in .223,

jb

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recoil pad is marked remington. I have seen simalr stocks on the sendero's, but they don't make sendero in .223,

jb

I was actually thinking Sendero stock, but again, that barrel-length/profile is screaming SPS Varmint. I want to say you can pull the butt-pad and the stock should have some sort of label on it for whatever after market stock Remington used (I still want to say HS or Hogue - memory's a little fuzzy on Remmy's aftermarket stocks though), but I might be wrong about that.

I'd be more concerned with that trigger - you could have an after market trigger in there (or an older trigger) that makes the gun a lot more desirable than the newer models with the X-mark.

dochawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a trigger scale, but it is pretty crisp, no slag. I it is a little heavier than my 3lb timneys i have but this is just based off of dry firing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom