Replacing My 1911's Trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I'm back owning a .45ACP 1911 again after many years of not. I have had a GSG 1911-22 for a year or so that has been a hoot and proven to be an awesome fun gun. I toted a 1911 around for years in the Marine Corps long ago but we carried what we were issued and didn't fool with modifications and such. But, I did learn to detail strip and clean the old 1911 and can still do it pretty much blindfolded so I don't see any issue with an installation. I really like this gun, but the plastic trigger has to go. What trigger do you think would look and run good in the gun?

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of the top name, 3 hole, satin finish aluminum triggers will look right on the gun. I always replace mine with skeletonized, black STI polymer triggers. They have both take up and overtravel adjustments and are one of the lightest triggers available.

www.brownells.com_userdocs_skus_p_791000063_2.jpg

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My favorite trigger. ^

Do be smart and run a safety/ functions check on the gun prior and after replacing the trigger. There are good checklists if you google it

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite trigger. ^

Do be smart and run a safety/ functions check on the gun prior and after replacing the trigger.
There are good checklists if you google it

Word. Too many people try to take all the take-up and overtravel out. This will invariably prevent the system from working correctly and lead to serious issues.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped in at Village Tactical today and bought an aluminum 3-hole adjustable trigger. Went home and put it in, went fine, and it is a big improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom