Repo guys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This, it sucks trying to track them down, tweakers up all hours of the night running around so the car is never at the residence, then the ones that know the repo man is coming who really work hard to hide the car.

Chasing them sucks. They work really hard to hide the bank's car. When I was doing it, they would tell me about how they needed " their" car. If they would have paid for it, it would have been "their" car. I felt bad for some of them, but the fact was, " It is not thier car". If a bank has it's name on your title, it is the bank's car. They are just letting you drive it until it is paid for. Just like the contract says. I think alot of people feel like when they pull off the lot, it is their car, even if they have not paid for it. The only thing I liked about repos, was that the bank would cut me a deal on some of the cars.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last repo attempt was a space heater in the home of an elderly lady. She owed ten bucks on it (this was long ago when I was an OU undergraduate). My partner and I scraped up the cash and turned it in. The old gal knew we were coming that day, and had turned off the stove earlier so it wouldn't burn us when we picked it up. Sheesh! No more of that. CB

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a short stint at Rent A Center. Two days before Christmas we repoed a Fridge from a home. I was pulling the kids milk out of it and setting it on the floor after unplugging it and I thought. "well I have had enough of this" They missed their 8 dollar payment, but guess what else I took out of the fridge? You guessed it, 2 cases of beer.

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so. So long as the vehicle is not inside a garage or locked gate etc you have the legal right to set foot on the property while executing a repossession.

I don't know where you got your info but that is flat out wrong.

Well I tell you what if I ever get behind on my car payment I hope they send you
to repo my car because when I tell you to get off of my property and you don't leave
and I kick your ass or shoot you then we will see who is telling the truth !
we will see if the make my day law still holds up in court !
Don't be fooled if some tells you to get of off there property and you don't you are tresspassing and if you are tresspassing and stealing my car you are a thief as far as
I know .. And if the police come out they are going to make you leave because you are causing a disturbance !

And yes you can go on someone property but If the property owner tells you to leave you are tresspassing
you should probably leave because you will be tresspassing then I would say you could have your ass kicked or shot if you so like !!!

Repossession
If the debtor breaches the contract and is no longer able to make timely payments, the secured creditor may send a written notice to the debtor stating that it plans on repossessing the property. If the creditor is not able to get in contact with the debtor or if the debtor is not willing to cooperate, the creditor can locate the property and legally repossess it. The creditor cannot breach the peace or violate any trespassing laws when repossessing the property

Read more: Repossession Laws in Oklahoma | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6192177_repossession-laws-oklahoma.html#ixzz1OqsrHf00

Last edited:

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I tell you what if I ever get behind on my car payment I hope they send you
to repo my car because when I tell you to get off of my property and you don't leave
and I kick your ass or shoot you then we will see who is telling the truth !
we will see if the make my day law still holds up in court !
Don't be fooled if some tells you to get of off there property and you don't you are tresspassing and if you are tresspassing and stealing my car you are a thief as far as
I know .. And if the police come out they are going to make you leave because you are causing a disturbance !

Amen!

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not true,well it might be true in Oklahjoma but not in Oklahoma

So what are you going to do when I tell you that you are on my property and that you are tresspassing
and you don't leave and I pull out a gun and demand you leave are you going to have me arrested ?
Oh I love the bad ass repo men that think they know everything and can do anything and get away with it !
I wish I was behind on my car payment and they would send you or twmaster to get my car and we would
see who is right !! You can come on my property and I can tell you to leave and if you don't we will see if
what I'm saying is true or not I grew up in the wrecker bussiness I drove a wrecker off and on for 25 years
I still work at one I did repos for years I know the law it has not changed since I quit doing repos it is the same !
it is legal to come on someones property and repo a car if they don't catch you but if they catch you and ask you to leave and you don't you are tresspassing , and I would not want to be the one that gets killed reposessing a car and nothing be done about because you were tresspassing !!
So say what you want but if you ever get shot doing this don't blame me because you think you can do it !!

Repossession
If the debtor breaches the contract and is no longer able to make timely payments, the secured creditor may send a written notice to the debtor stating that it plans on repossessing the property. If the creditor is not able to get in contact with the debtor or if the debtor is not willing to cooperate, the creditor can locate the property and legally repossess it. The creditor cannot breach the peace or violate any trespassing laws when repossessing the property

Read more: Repossession Laws in Oklahoma | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6192177_repossession-laws-oklahoma.html#ixzz1OqsrHf00

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what are you going to do when I tell you that you are on my property and that you are tresspassing
and you don't leave and I pull out a gun and demand you leave are you going to have me arrested ?
Oh I love the bad ass repo men that think they know everything and can do anything and get away with it !
I wish I was behind on my car payment and they would send you or twmaster to get my car and we would
see who is right !! You can come on my property and I can tell you to leave and if you don't we will see if
what I'm saying is true or not I grew up in the wrecker bussiness I drove a wrecker off and on for 25 years
I still work at one I did repos for years I know the law it has not changed since I quit doing repos it is the same !
it is legal to come on someones property and repo a car if they don't catch you but if they catch you and ask you to leave and you don't you are tresspassing , and I would not want to be the one that gets killed reposessing a car and nothing be done about because you were tresspassing !!
So say what you want but if you ever get shot doing this don't blame me because you think you can do it !!

Repossession

:lmfao:
OK please stop making your car payments, I am going to get a big bowl of popcorn this is going to be funny.
I got extra camp chairs if anyone needs one...

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Repossession

I dont repo but I have done skip tracing to find vehicles and then call in the tow boys. when i do that the finance company has been to court and been granted a judgement against the debtor and i have a copy of the court order signed by a judge that say's that i can go on your property and repo the FINANCE COMPANIES vehicle (it's not yours if you didn't pay for it) no i cant break locks and enter but i can come on your property or any property where it is located.

If you attack me or pull a gun on me you'll be arrested plain and simple and i have the right to defend myself . It's a court order and it will usually state things like debtor can't damage , remove from county etc.

After the court order is issued ,if you attemped to hide or in anyway keep the finance company from retrieving thier property your the thief not the repo man.

there are finance companies that try to repo stuff because it's in thier contract without a judgement and what you say may apply. but once theres a court order debtor is in contemp of court if he doesn't comply

Last edited:

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont repo but I have done skip tracing to find vehicles and then call in the tow boys. when i do that the finance company has been to court and been granted a judgement against the debtor and i have a copy of the court order signed by a judge that say's that i can go on your property and repo the FINANCE COMPANIES vehicle (it's not yours if you didn't pay for it) no i cant break locks and enter but i can come on your property or any property where it is located.

If you attack me or pull a gun on me you'll be arrested plain and simple and i have the right to defend myself . It's a court order and it will usually state things like debtor can't damage , remove from county etc.

After the court order is issued ,if you attemped to hide or in anyway keep the finance company from retrieving thier property your the thief not the repo man.

there are finance companies that try to repo stuff because it's in thier contract without a judgement and what you say may apply. but once theres a court order debtor is in contemp of court if he doesn't comply

He can be in contemp all he wants but you have no right to be on his property once he tells you to leave that you are tresspassing ! I would bet if you ask your tow buddies the same question they will tell you you can not tresspass as the law reads up above !

You can say what you want I have had people pull guns on me while doing repo's and nothing was done !

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I have a question about this part you guys are arguing about. Say your behind on payments, and the bank sends out the repo guy. Your car is parked in plainview and you don't have a gate or fence closing off your property, so anyone can walk onto your property. So the repo guy is out there hooking up your minivan and you come out and exchange words. Repo guy isn't budging and home owner shoots and kills the repo guy. Home owner is gonna be in hotwater like Ersland correct? I mean the homeowner wasn't in fear for his life? He did exit the safety of his home and became the aggressor correct? The repo guy didn't break and enter, so its not burglary in the second degree. Doesn't the law say that he could and should remain in his home and call 911? I'm not 100% on the laws so I'm asking these questions because I'm curious. How would this play out in court? I know from a security guard pov you can't use deadly force unless you are arresting someone who has committed a violent felony which resulted in serious bodily injury or death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom