Repo guys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you might consider something smaller than automobile repo. I worked at Aarons for awhile repossessing peoples TV's, furniture, appliances, etc. and it sucked. The kids would look at you with blank faces and asking why I was taking their Television, or the couch they were sitting on... I'll never do repo again if I don't have too. Exciting wouldn't be the word I would use...

TEXAN_OKIE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my own repo truck and have been repoing for about 2 years now. it was exciting at first but its just like picking up another tow.i do most of them in the day.every once in a while you get the pissed off ones that start yealling and cussing or the ones that think they can hide them on those i wait till they go some where and just leave them stranded at the store or mall.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you might consider something smaller than automobile repo. I worked at Aarons for awhile repossessing peoples TV's, furniture, appliances, etc. and it sucked. The kids would look at you with blank faces and asking why I was taking their Television, or the couch they were sitting on... I'll never do repo again if I don't have too. Exciting wouldn't be the word I would use...

Now that jobs sounds like it would suck. But what do you expect the collector to do? Just let the debtor just keep the goods? I don't really have remorse for the people that get on the repo list. I guess I'm heartless. I don't get a free car, so why does anyone else?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've wondered many times why the people on the TV show don't get arrested for the many assaults they've filmed themselves committing.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but Ive been thinking of trying to get in on this tpo. There any leads? Ive got lotsa extra time to kill. Had a neigbor that was going to hook me up getting into it but I moved...

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to do it part time for a local bank and for a buddy's "buy here, pay here" car lot. Pay is ok, but not great. Alot of time spent on finding them before you go get them. I would talk to the local back you deal with. It can be dangerous. You get some crazy, but you try to get it when they are not around. I never had a gun pulled on me. If so, I would have made sure that they went to jail. Unlike on t.v., its best to skip the drama and just wait for them to go to work and take the car.

First of all if you are on there property and you are stealing there car they have every right to pull a gun on you
and they will not go to jail you are a car thief when you are repoessing a car the only legal way to repo a car is
to take a county sheriff with a repo title and order form and let the sheriff handle it .
if you repo a car and get caught with it before you call it in the police after they turn it in stolen it is grand theft auto and you can go to jail . And with Oklahjoma law if they are on your property all you have to do is tell them they are
tresspassing and if they dont leave they can be arrested or worse !

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can go on the property as long as it is not behind a locked gate. I found that most of the people I had to deal with, would just give me a story about why they could not pay for it. I would let them clean everything out of it, and they would let me take it. Like the ot said. If they wanted to be an a@@, I would wait until they went to work or to the store, then take it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my uncle hid his 97 expedition from the repo men at WFS financial for over a year before they figured out where he worked and took it whle he was at work. Up til the day my grandma died she blamed me for it like i ratted him out.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all if you are on there property and you are stealing there car they have every right to pull a gun on you
and they will not go to jail you are a car thief when you are repoessing a car the only legal way to repo a car is
to take a county sheriff with a repo title and order form and let the sheriff handle it .
if you repo a car and get caught with it before you call it in the police after they turn it in stolen it is grand theft auto and you can go to jail . And with Oklahjoma law if they are on your property all you have to do is tell them they are
tresspassing and if they dont leave they can be arrested or worse !

Not so. So long as the vehicle is not inside a garage or locked gate etc you have the legal right to set foot on the property while executing a repossession.

I don't know where you got your info but that is flat out wrong.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother in- law almost had to shoot a repo guy once at the apartments he worked at. He saw someone trying to steal his truck and confronted him. Actually after a heated fight the repo guy left.

Hey guess what he didn't owe a dime on the truck, he had just made his last payment and was never late but the bank sent the repo man out. After some legal stuff the bank fail all over itself and paid him off for their the the mistake. No way in hell would I work for any big bank just out of principle. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom