Requirements For CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pass up on the Splockfield wannabee and get the real deal Glock.
19 tends to be the general consensus for the CCW, but I chose the 26. It can be very small when I need it to be, but I can expand it to the G19 or G17 size when appropriate; you can't shrink the 19 though.

I turned 21 in 2/2009. I went out to get my CCW course but the class director kept canceling. Finally got my course done in 3/2010. Had license in 5/2010 and CCW daily from then on out. Took a while to get used to, but its been nice in many situations.

Ain't nothing wrong with a Springfield. They actually listen to their customers opinions and make firearms based off of that. They are nothing like glocks, Springers are closer to a 1911.

I like glocks, but they won't change anything about their guns incase they mess up and lose the good rep they have.

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The good news just made my day! Now the hunt is on for that elusive thing we call money lol.

What do you guys think about a 4" barrel compact Springfield XD for CCW??? To me it seem to be right on the verge of being too big but i never carried before so i have no clue.

i had the g23 and made the switch to the g27. as far as the size goes the 27 is easier to carry. now shooting wise, i liked the way the 23 shot. but a little range time, and a couple 100rds. you can get used to it. if you go the sub- compact way (wich i did) the pearce grip xtensions is a must.... imo. anyways good luck with your class and call sor and see when the next class is

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
was this a special or is that his normal price ?

im pretty sure this was there normal price... i have been wrong before, so im not guranteeing that it is there normal price. but everywhere i looked at doing was at least 60+range+target etc... it was 35 cash. bring your gun ammo and saftey eqp... that was it, and the class was very well instructed i thought. Paul did and excellent job.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The good news just made my day! Now the hunt is on for that elusive thing we call money lol.

What do you guys think about a 4" barrel compact Springfield XD for CCW??? To me it seem to be right on the verge of being too big but i never carried before so i have no clue.

I've got the 5" in a Crossbreed Quikclip about 1:30-2:00 most of the time.

That said, I'm thinking about moving to a 1911 when I get the cashed lined up. A double-stack 45 can be uncomfortable to carry in a concealable manner.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have both XD 9MM SC and Glock 27.

There is nothing wrong with either weapons. I prefer to carry my Glock because it is thinner and the .40 has better stopping power.

Go to a range that has rentals (Medlocks in Collinsville) or with a friend that owns both and shoot both weapons. Pick the one that you shoot the best and feels the best in your hands.

My G/F usually carries the XD 9mm in her CC purse or her Ruger LCP. Depends on which purse she is using at the time. She loves the XD and doesn't really care for the Glock.

The Glock 26 & 27 are almost identical in size. The big difference is with the 27 you can always by a 9mm barrel and G26 mag (about $150 extra) and shoot 9mm . With the Glock 26 your stuck with 9mm only.

+1 on the Crossbreed Supertuck holsters. I wish I had known about them when I first got my CCL. Spend the little extra and get the Horse Hide version.

Latest posts

Top Bottom