Response from Chelinos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I received this email this morning.

After reading the e-mails that were sent to us, we have decided to change our policy on "no weapons". We have changed our signs to now say "No Open Carry". We will receive the new signs sometime next week.
We agree with your reasoning and acknowledge that we rushed into our first decision without considering the facts that have been mentioned by many of you.
Being a family friendly restaurant, we do not believe in allowing guns to be seen by children or their families while they enjoy their meals. That is why we will keep "No Open Carry" as our policy.
We are truly thankful that you took the time to write to us and let us see the issue through your point of view.
We do not want to lose you as customers and are now confident in this new policy. We hope to see you back in our restaurants soon!
If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you,
Sofia Marquez
Chelino's Mexican Restaurant

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder why it took 2 months to get a response? In the interim, I found that I like the food better at Milagros, and I can carry open or concealed there. Ted's is pretty good, as well.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Respectful discourse over an issue, that is what America is built upon. I think many businesses that were okay with concealed carry, just freaked out when open carry came along. Of course, many were pressured by their insurance carriers to simply ban weapons all together instead of restrict open carry. Hopefully more and more business will re-evaluate their policies.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are welcome to have any policy they wish as a private business and I appreciate those who took the time to educate them into making this change. I decided long ago that their version of TexMex did not meet my personal standards so my policy is that I don't spend my money there. In Bricktown, my choice is Abuelo's. YMMV...

Latest posts

Top Bottom