Revolver shopping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to give some people a word of caution. I went to a local Tulsa pawn shop to check out and purchase a Dan Wesson revolver they had for sale. I went in and was helped right away. So no problems there. I asked to look at the revolver and proceeded to examine the gun. I checked the bluing, the barrel, and the trigger. Everything is checking out great. Then I checked for play in the cylinder. I pulled the hammer back all the way and checked for movement and i hear a click. I thought maybe I didnt lock the hammer back somehow. I try it again. Click. Again. Click. The cylinder would never complete the full rotation to line up with the barrel. It was always about a 1/16 of an inch shy of locking the cylinder when cocked. I told the guy helping me that they should reconsider selling this gun as it is not safe. I dont think he really understood what I was talking about so I explained to him again what was wrong with the gun. After a minute of thinking about it, he took it to another employee and told him what I had said. He came back out without the gun waiting for me to look at another gun. After a few seconds more the second employee came back out, handed the guy back the gun and said... "That's normal... just the way they are made." He then put the gun back in the case for sale.

I shook my head, told him thanks, and hightailed it out of the store.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've all heard "jack of all trades, master of none". Well, pawn shops in general haven't even applied for their Apprenticeship to be a Jack's Second Assistant.

Frankly, I think it'd be helpful if you specified the shop, as there are a couple in Tulsa that claim to know guns well.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very rarely have I ever came across a gun shop owner who really KNEW firearms with out a lot of useless, made up ******** they shovel your way.

I've heard everything from Smith & Wesson, Colt & Ruger ALL being made by the same company, Glocks made of Kevlar, Berettas made in Germany and (my personal favorite) the Glock GTL rail light being made by Surefire! :faint:

Seems like they always wanna praise their guns and mark them WAY higher than normal and at the same time, they'll give you about half of what you know your firearm is worth!

Bastards! :pissed:

Fitz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
<< Frankly, I think it'd be helpful if you specified the shop, as there are a couple in Tulsa that claim to know guns well. >>

All I'll say is, I am waiting for a Golden opportunity to name the Pawn shop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom