Rifle bipod/tripod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen both good and bad reviews about the Stoney Point rapid pivot bipods, but I do love mine for coyote hunting. They'll usually run about $40-50, and it's a quick detach bipod setup.

kuykendallc

Marksman
Reaction score
I've got a Primos trigger stick in bi pod form. I used it during rifle season and liked it. It adjusts rapidly and if you don't want to use then its not attached to the rifle.

I have been considering one of these. I have not seen too many "real" life reviews of them. I probably will just get one to try it out and see if I like it.

Reaction score
I consider them borderline-indispensable. Steady shot, and as you say, less movement before the shot.

Stoney point polecat bipod or tripod with adjustable legs. One of a small percentage of huntin gear selections that are designed to not just catch the hunters themselves.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a the Primos Trigger stick bipod. works great. I like it for blind hunting. easily adjusts to keep the rifle just above the blind opening. strap keeps the rifle attached when you want it to.

I do suggest if you buy these buy the set that has three leg sections. I have the taller setup and its a bit tall when trying to store it or strap it to a pack when leaving the truck.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a cheap telescoping monopod that I take coyote hunting. Sometimes I use it sometimes I don't. Just depends on the terrain and whatnot.

That's the key right there. If you're setup on a hill-top or at the edge of say a pond-dam, you're golden with a bench-rest bipod or a bean-bag rest.

If I'm moving around or out in the open, sometimes shooting from the kneeling position or using your sling is faster/better than using shooting-sticks/bipod/mono-pod.

If I'm dragging around a heavy rifle, I have to have a rest of some sort - sometimes a light-weight bean-bag is better than a bi-pod, sometimes just finding a stick to use or tree to rest your hand/barrel up against works.

If I'm using an AR or single-shot (i.e. something lightweight), I rarely even worry about a rest.

crag83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info IMHNTN. I will just use a monopod or better yet, what CM stated regarding using a stick in the wilderness. Those were some nice coyotes you got there. Also, I noticed you have an electronic caller. I am going to pick my Spitfire up from the post office right now. :) I am going to use it very soon.....I will let you know if I get one. Of course, there will be pics.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are probably a better shot than me EZ Bake. I suck without a rest and hate shooting offhand. We will look for some good pics in the future Crag. I am sure it will come together for you soon. When you start telling people you like to call coyotes, doors will open. Most farmers hate coyotes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom