Rifle sugestions (gift for my pops)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a pistol caliber?
We carry Hi-point carbines which are durable, can mount a scope on, come in 9mm, 40 cal and 45acp

I know there are lots of people who would rather piss on a hi-point than shoot one, but they are the same ones who have never shot one.

Check it out before you discount it.

IS $315 to $350 for a carbine too much for you?

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have yet to shoot one but would really like to. Heard good stuff about those carbines but dont really think would suit his needs like a bolt rifle would. that would be something more my liking for a plinker. Would something like that be 'dillo accurate at 100 yards?

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at the savage bolt actions on Buds at this moment. Looks like can get into a savage bolt gun package for less than 400 with accu trigger, bushnell scope and composite stock OR just above the 500 mark can get nice wood or stainless action and a nikon scope.

I dont see a .223 beating up a bushnell scope like say a .300 WM might. Is the scope/mount packages (esp the nikon) worth buying as a package?

I feel something like this would be more or less perfect for his needs. Comes with glass, can be deer legal, can figure up a good all purpose handload and load him 100 rounds and he be set for year or two with his volume of shooting (one shot=one critter kinda guy..no target shooting), and i think all of them have detachable magazines which i think is helpful. Would likely step up from an axis as then would be on an actual short action, get the better trigger, and have aftermarket options down the road if needed.

You would be happy with an Axis. You would be totally and completed satisfied if you stepped up from there.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say a Savage 110 series or Stevens 200 in .223. It would be an awesome diller gun, and you could kill deer with it too if you wanted. Plenty of upgrades available for it if you ever want to (not so much for the Axis).

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more and more i look at them leaning savage with accutrigger. I think he would get along great with it for the smaller critters and maybe a deer if the M70 aint exactly handy at the time or if i happen to pop in to hunt without rifle (RARE).

Latest posts

Top Bottom